Ideagen Case Study
Ideagen helps some of the world’s leading brands in regulated industries improve operational performance, maintain integrity, and avoid unwanted surprises. It does this with software solutions that manage risk, compliance, and safety. More than 2,200 organizations—including Heineken, BT, the U.K. National Health Service, and BBVA—rely on Ideagen’s solutions.
Using AWS, we can attract the business of global organizations with 20,000 or more people. We couldn't have dreamed of doing that with an on-premises solution."
Product Manager, Ideagen
- Develop a scalable governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) application for large organizations with 20,000 users or more.
- Take advantage of the cloud to assure security, availability, and scalability.
Why Amazon Web Services
- Developed and deployed a cloud-native software-as-a-service product—Coruson—on AWS, using Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Relational Database Service, and Amazon DynamoDB.
- Used command query responsibility segregation to separate the read and write concerns of the application, improving real-time data accuracy, and overall application performance.
- Laid the foundation for a constantly evolving platform, with new AWS technologies coming into use as required.
- Address larger organizations: With its scalable, cloud-native GRC offering, Ideagen can attract business from big enterprises. For example, it won a deal with the Rail Safety and Standards Board, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the U.K. rail industry, to provide a deployment with the potential for more than 100,000 users.
- Speed time to market: Developers at Ideagen can silently deploy monthly updates to Coruson, ensuring that customers receive the latest and best features with no disruption.
- Deliver an award-winning product: Coruson has been awarded the Environmental Health & Safety Technical Innovation award by analyst firm GRC 20/20.
Ideagen helps some of the world’s leading brands in regulated industries improve operational performance, maintain integrity, and avoid unwanted surprises.
Benefits of AWS
- Attracts business from larger enterprises
- Speeds time to market
- Launches update without disruption
AWS Services Used
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud.
Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) is a fully managed message queuing service that enables you to decouple and scale microservices, distributed systems, and serverless applications.
Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud.
Amazon DynamoDB is a key-value and document database that delivers single-digit millisecond performance at any scale.
Companies of all sizes across all industries are transforming their businesses every day using AWS. Contact our experts and start your own AWS Cloud journey today.