AWS Cloud computing curricula for higher education institutions to prepare students for industry-recognized certifications
and in-demand cloud jobs.
Bridging the Gap Between Industry and Academia
As cloud technologies continue to help organizations transform their businesses at a rapid pace, employees with the necessary cloud skills are in high demand. Industry research from Global Knowledge shows that two-thirds of IT decision-makers are reporting a gap between their team’s skill levels and the knowledge required to achieve organizational objectives. AWS Academy is working to solve that problem. AWS Academy enables diverse education institutions to deliver curriculum and hands on learning experiences to prepare students for employment in cloud roles.
Program Benefits for Educators and Students
Access AWS-Authored Curriculum
Ready-to-teach curriculum allows member institutions to incorporate instruction in their course catalog. Regular updates from AWS reflect the pace of cloud computing innovation and best practices.
Build Skills Aligned with AWS Certification
Educators and students acquire AWS Cloud computing skills through hands-on practical experience and can prepare for AWS Certification with complimentary practice exams and 50% discounts on full exams.
Educators Earn Accreditation
Educators access complimentary AWS professional learning and personal support to achieve AWS Certification before teaching AWS Academy courses directly to students.
Grow the AWS Cloud Workforce
With AWS Academy curriculum, students get hands-on, practical experience working in live environment, helping them gain the real-world experience needed to pursue industry jobs.
About the Curriculum
AWS Academy Cloud Foundations
AWS Academy Cloud Architecting
How to Join
AWS Academy membership begins at the institution level. Post-secondary educational institutions should meet the following criteria to apply:
- Institution is located in an eligible country
- Institution offers accredited degree, diploma, certificate, or continuing education programs in Computer Science, Engineering, or any discipline with a cloud computing interest.
- Applicant is authorized to act as the Central Point of Contact (CPOC) for the educational institution they represent, or be able to provide the name and contact information of someone who can act in this capacity.
The AWS Academy application process starts with submitting an institution application to the AWS Academy team. If the institution meets basic program eligibility criteria, the application process proceeds, and the institution:
- Accepts program Terms & Conditions
- Nominates one or more educators for instructor accreditation
- Proposes a class delivery plan