Big Data on AWS
The Big Data on AWS course is no longer available and a series of one-day courses has replaced it.
Data analytics courses replacing Big Data on AWS
It is recommended that you take Building Data Lakes on AWS before taking any one of the following courses.
- If you are using, or planning to use, Amazon EMR then take Building Batch Data Analytics Solutions on AWS
- If you are using, or planning to use, Amazon Redshift then take Building Data Analytics Solutions using Amazon Redshift
What you'll learn
- Fit AWS solutions inside a Big Data ecosystem
- Leverage Apache Hadoop in the context of Amazon EMR
- Identify the components of an Amazon EMR cluster, then launch and configure an Amazon EMR cluster
- Use common programming frameworks available for Amazon EMR, including Hive, Pig, and streaming
- And much more
Who should take this course
- Solutions architects
- SysOps administrators
- Data scientists
- Data analysts
What experience you'll need
- Basic familiarity with big data technologies, including Apache Hadoop, HDFS, and SQL/NoSQL querying
- Completed Data Analytics Fundamentals free digital training or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of core AWS services and public cloud implementation
- Completed the AWS Technical Essentials classroom training or have equivalent experience
- Basic understanding of data warehousing, relational database systems, and database design
Type: Classroom (virtual and in person)
Length: 3 days
Need more information?
Download the course outline for more information about what this course covers.
Looking for private training for your team?
With AWS-delivered private training, your team will learn actionable best practices together, tailored to your specific use cases.
Thinking about taking an exam?
Find a related exam to reinforce your learning.