Posted On: Feb 4, 2020
AWS Trusted Advisor is an application that draws upon best practices learned from AWS’ aggregated operational history of serving millions of AWS customers. Trusted Advisor inspects your AWS environment and makes recommendations for saving money, improving system performance, and closing security gaps.
Recently, AWS Trusted Advisor has expanded to new regions and updated checks to keep you operating efficiently and up-to-date with AWS best practices.
- Enabled in Middle East (Bahrain) and Asia Pacific (Hong Kong) regions with support for 46 checks.
- The Amazon EC2 Reserved Instances Optimization check was updated with improved cost optimization recommendations sourced from AWS Cost Explorer.
- The Amazon EC2 On-Demand Instances check was updated to provide usage and service limit information based on the recently launched vCPU-based On-Demand Instance limits.
- The Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) check for Service Limits was updated to include separate checks for each ELB type. The existing check will continue to cover CLB (Classic Load Balancer) and two new checks were added to cover ALB (Application Load Balancer) and NLB (Network Load Balancer).
- Language support was added for German, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Italian, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese. Other languages available are English, Japanese, French,and Mandarin Chinese.
- 49 checks were added in the AWS GovCloud (US) Regions, including access to the service limit dashboard.
For a full set of Trusted Advisor Best Practice Checks, click here.