AWS Certified Security - Specialty
Validate your technical skills and expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
The AWS Certified Security – Specialty is intended for individuals who perform a security role with at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- An understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms
- An understanding of data encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- An understanding of secure Internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- A working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment
- Competency gained from two or more years of production deployment experience using AWS security services and features
- Ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity given a set of application requirements
- An understanding of security operations and risk
- At least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads
- Security controls for workloads on AWS
- A minimum of five years of IT security experience designing and implementing security solutions
Prepare for Your Exam
The best preparation for certification exams is practical experience. We recommend at least two years of hands-on experience using AWS.
Multiple choice, multiple answer
170 minutes to complete the exam
300 USD (Practice exam: 40 USD)
Available in English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese
AWS Security Fundamentals
Digital | 2 hours
In this self-paced course, you will learn fundamental AWS Cloud security concepts, including AWS access control, data encryption methods, and how network access to your AWS infrastructure can be secured. We will address your security responsibility in the AWS Cloud and the different security-oriented services available.
Architecting on AWS
Classroom | 3 days
This course covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on the AWS platform. Students learn how to optimize the AWS Cloud by understanding how AWS services fit into cloud-based solutions. In addition, students explore AWS Cloud best practices and design patterns for architecting optimal IT solutions on AWS, and build a variety of infrastructures in guided, hands-on activities. The course also covers how to create fledgling architectures and build them into robust and adaptive solutions.
Security Engineering on AWS
Classroom | 3 days
This course demonstrates how to efficiently use AWS security services to stay secure in the AWS Cloud. The course focuses on the security practices that AWS recommends for enhancing the security of your data and systems in the cloud. The course highlights the security features of AWS key services including compute, storage, networking, and database services. You will also learn how to leverage AWS services and tools for automation, continuous monitoring and logging, and responding to security incidents.