AWS Certified Security - Specialty
Validate your technical skills and expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
The AWS Certified Security – Specialty is intended for individuals who perform a security role with at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- An understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms
- An understanding of data encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- An understanding of secure Internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- A working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment
- Competency gained from two or more years of production deployment experience using AWS security services and features
- Ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity given a set of application requirements
- An understanding of security operations and risk
- At least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads
- Security controls for workloads on AWS
- A minimum of five years of IT security experience designing and implementing security solutions
Prepare for Your Exam
The best preparation for certification exams is practical experience. We recommend at least two years of hands-on experience using AWS.
AWS Security Fundamentals
Classroom | 1 days
AWS Security Fundamentals is designed to introduce you to fundamental cloud computing and AWS security concepts including AWS access control and management, governance, logging, and encryption methods. It also covers security-related compliance protocols and risk management strategies, and security features of AWS services.
Security Engineering on AWS
Classroom | 3 days
This course demonstrates how to efficiently use AWS security services to stay secure in the AWS Cloud. The course focuses on the security practices that AWS recommends for enhancing the security of your data and systems in the cloud. The course highlights the security features of AWS key services including compute, storage, networking, and database services. You will also learn how to leverage AWS services and tools for automation, continuous monitoring and logging, and responding to security incidents.
Advanced Architecting on AWS
Classroom | 3 day
In this course, you will build on concepts introduced in Architecting on AWS. You will learn how to build complex solutions that incorporate data services, governance, and security on the AWS platform. You will also learn about specialized AWS services, including AWS Direct Connect and AWS Storage Gateway, that support hybrid architecture, and you will learn about best practices for building scalable, elastic, secure, and highly available applications on AWS.