Introduction: Build a React Application
Follow step-by-step instructions to build your first React application.
In this tutorial, you will create a simple web application using AWS Amplify, a set of tools and services including a web hosting service. In the first module, you’ll build and host a React application on AWS. Through the remaining 4 modules, you will initialize a local app using the CLI, add authentication, add a GraphQL API and database, and update your app to store images.
What You Will Learn
This tutorial will walk you through the steps to create a simple web application discussed above. You will learn:
- Hosting: Build and host a React application on the AWS Global content delivery network (CDN)
- Authentication: Add auth to your app to enable sign-in and sign-out
- Database and Storage: Add a GraphQL API, database, and storage solution
This tutorial is divided into five short modules. You must complete each module in order before moving on to the next one.
- Deploy and Host a React App (10 minutes): Create a React app and deploy and host through AWS Amplify.
- Initialize a Local App (5 minutes): Initialize a local app using AWS Amplify.
- Add Authentication (10 minutes): Add auth to your application.
- Add a GraphQL API and Database (15 minutes): Create a GraphQL API.
- Add the Ability to Store Images (10 minutes): Add storage to your app.
You will be building this React application using the Command Prompt/Terminal, test editor, and AWS Web Console.