To get started with Amazon Redshift for free:
- Step through the Getting Started tutorial to create and provision your first cluster, then load and query sample data in minutes.
- For a conceptual introduction, see Amazon Redshift System Overview.
- Gain hands-on practice with Amazon Redshift through this free self-paced lab and this series of hands-on labs.
- When you're ready to start loading and analyzing your own data, see Designing Tables, Loading Data, Designing Queries in the Database Developer Guide.
- Analyze your data with any SQL client using industry-standard ODBC/JDBC connections. See Connecting to a Cluster in Management Guide for details.
- Check out business intelligence (BI) and data integration (ETL) vendors that have certified Amazon Redshift for use with their tools.
- Get trained by attending an instructor-led class.
Learn more about Amazon Redshift and how to get started from the resources below. To request support for your data warehouse proof-of-concept or evaluation, click here.
Try Amazon Redshift for freeStart Free Trial
Get 750 free DC1.Large hours per month for 2 months. To start the trial:
Create an AWS account and sign in to the Amazon Redshift Console
Launch an Amazon Redshift cluster and select DC1.Large for Node Type
Request support for your proof-of-concept
Report and ingest data for free using our Partner Free Trials
This self-paced enables you to test-drive Amazon Redshift and gain practical experience working with it. Designed by AWS subject matter experts, this hands-on training lab provides you step-by-step instructions to help you gain confidence working with Amazon Redshift and learn more about building your data warehouse on AWS.
In this advanced lab series, you will delve deeper into the uses and capabilities of Amazon Redshift. You will use a remote SQL client to create and configure tables, and gain practice loading large data sets into Amazon Redshift. You will explore the effects of schema variations and compression, visualize the data, and run predictive analytics.
Amazon Redshift is a fast, simple, petabyte-scale data warehousing service for $1,000 per TB per year. In this webinar, you'll get an overview of how Amazon Redshift uses columnar technology, optimized hardware, and massively parallel processing to deliver fast query performance on petabyte-size datasets. Learn how you can set up a fully functional data warehouse with just a few clicks in the AWS Management Console.
Analyzing big data quickly and efficiently requires a data warehouse optimized to handle and scale for large datasets. Amazon Redshift is a fast, petabyte-scale data warehouse that makes it simple and cost-effective to analyze big data for a fraction of the cost of traditional data warehouses. By following a few best practices, you can take advantage of Amazon Redshift’s columnar technology and parallel processing capabilities to minimize I/O and deliver high throughput and query performance. This webinar will cover techniques to load data efficiently, design optimal schemas, and tune query and database performance.
In this webinar, you will learn how to perform analytics and reporting on Amazon Redshift using business intelligence tools you are already using today. You will also hear from Yahoo and Looker on their use cases and best practices for reporting and analytics in Amazon Redshift.