Terms and Conditions
Last Update: January, 2023.
These AWS Lift terms and conditions (the “Terms & Conditions”) govern your participation in the AWS Lift Program (the “Program”) and are an agreement between the applicable AWS Contracting Party (“AWS,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) as defined in the AWS Customer Agreement or other agreement with us governing your use of the Services (the “Agreement”) and you, or the company or entity you represent (“you” or “your”). Your participation in the Program is governed by these Terms & Conditions, any additional terms stated in the AWS Lift Program Benefits, and the Agreement (including the AWS Site Terms, AWS Privacy Notice and AWS Acceptable Use Policy). Capitalized terms used but not defined in these Terms & Conditions will have the meanings described in the AWS Lift Program Benefits, AWS Promotional Credits Terms & Conditions, or in the Agreement.
- AWS Lift Program Overview. The Program provides participating customers with the benefits described in the AWS Lift Program Benefits (the “Benefits”).
- Participation in the Program To participate in the Program, you must have: (a) completed the registration process (you must register on behalf of a company, using an email domain name that is owned by that company, and include a website domain that is owned by that company), (b) incurred fees or charges of less than an average of US$750 per month for AWS Services in the 90 calendar days prior to registration, (c) received less than US$500 in AWS Promotional Credits through other AWS programs in the 12 calendar months prior to registration, and (d) received an email from AWS approving your participation. If you do not provide AWS with complete or accurate information during the registration process, you may delay or disqualify your participation in the Program. We will send information relating to your registration, and the Program, to the email address specified during the registration process. You agree and acknowledge that you are participating in the Program as part of your business or professional activities, and not as a consumer or for personal use. You represent to us that you are authorized to enter into these Terms & Conditions on behalf of the company that is registering for the Program.
- Limitations. You may only participate in the Program if the company specified in the registration process resides in a geographic location in which the Program is available, as described in the AWS Lift Program FAQs. You may only participate in the Program once, and must not register multiple AWS accounts for the Program. The Benefits (a) can only be applied to the AWS account you specify for the Program (the “Designated AWS Account”), and (b) cannot be combined with other AWS Promotional Credits under other AWS programs. This Program is void where prohibited.
- AWS Promotional Credits. To receive AWS Promotional Credits under this Program, you must incur payable fees and charges for use of AWS Services (excluding the Ineligible Services described in the AWS Promotional Credit Terms & Conditions) in your Designated AWS Account (“AWS Usage”) of at least US$1 within 90 days of AWS approving your participation in the Program. The date on which you first satisfy this requirement is the “AWS Credits Start Date”. You will receive the additional AWS Promotional Credits associated with the next tier of Benefits if, within 12 calendar months of the AWS Credits Start Date, (a) your AWS Usage in a calendar month meets or exceeds the applicable threshold described in the Benefits, and (b) all AWS Promotional Credits that you previously received have been applied. You will only receive the AWS Promotional Credits associated with each tier of Benefits once, totaling up to a maximum of US$83,500 under the Program. For the purpose of determining AWS Promotional Credits under each tier, your AWS Usage is checked following the end of each calendar month. AWS Promotional Credits are automatically applied against your monthly bill and expire 12 calendar months after the AWS Credits Start Date.
- Termination or Suspension. AWS reserves the right to modify or cancel the Program at any time. AWS also reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Program, including to any portion of the Program or your use of any Benefits received under the Program, at any time for any reason, including if you are in breach of these Terms & Conditions. If your participation in the Program is suspended or terminated for any reason you will immediately cease use of all Benefits.
- Publicity and Marketing. We may list your company name, website, and other company contact information in a directory or in other similar resources associated with the Program, or on our website. You grant us a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use your name, website, general contact information, and any trademark, service mark, trade name, other proprietary logo or insignia, URL, domain name, or other source or business identifier that you provide to us and any other content that you provide to us in connection with the Program (collectively, “Your Materials”) for the purpose of a directory, customer lists, commercial presentations, flyers, brochures, newsletters, and similar online or hard-copy marketing resources. We may reproduce, publish, distribute and translate Your Materials. Neither party, nor any of their respective affiliates, is an agent of the other for any purpose or has the authority to bind the other.
- Modification. We may modify these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting a revised version on the Program site. The modified Terms & Conditions will become effective upon posting. By continuing your participation in the Program after the effective date of any modifications to these Terms & Conditions, you agree to be bound by the modified Terms & Conditions. It is your responsibility to check the Program site regularly for modifications to these Terms & Condition
- Preview. You acknowledge and agree that this Program is a preview, subject to the “Betas and Previews” terms in the Service Terms. In the event of a conflict between the Service Terms and these Terms & Conditions regarding AWS’s suspension or termination of your participation in this preview, these Terms & Conditions will control.