The AWS Foundational Technical Review (FTR) enables you to identify and remediate risks in your software or solutions. Whether your software is delivered as a SaaS solution or deployed by your customers, the FTR helps you identify AWS Well-Architected best practices specific to your software or solution. FTR is a self-service review that is valuable at any stage of your cloud journey. It is valid for two years from date of approval and you can conduct it at no cost. Get started »
The FTR provides specific guidelines to adopt a subset of AWS best practices to reduce risks around security, reliability, and operational excellence, as defined by the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
The FTR guides you on how to automate the discovery of potential problems in your environment by leveraging AWS Partner solutions and AWS Services.
Earn a ‘Qualified Software’ badge
With an approved FTR, you earn a “Qualified Software” badge and a listing in the AWS Partner Solutions Finder, allowing customers to easily find and contact you.
Step 1: Join the APN
Step 2: Enroll in the Software Partner Path
Step 3: Review your architecture and operational practices
- As part of the FTR process you must institute a periodic review of your architecture and operations against an internal or public standard in order to identify gaps and continually improve your architecture.
- Evaluate your software architecture leveraging the validation checklist, also available in the FTR Guide before requesting an FTR.
Step 4: Request an FTR
- To find an offering for which review is being requested: Go to Partner Central > Offerings > Edit > Select ‘Yes’ > Next > Complete all required fields for the listing.
- If the offering is not listed, create a new offering by clicking "New" and completing all the required fields for the listing.
- AWS will review your submitted documents and provide confirmation upon FTR approval or email instructions for remediation.
- Upon successfully completing an FTR, you gain immediate access to AWS Partner benefits including ‘qualified software’ badge, funding, marketing resources, and more.