Highlight your AWS technical expertise and specialization to differentiate your business
Increase visibility with customers and AWS
Gain visibility with customers and AWS field teams by being showcased across AWS webpages including AWS Partner Solutions Finder. Also, receive an opportunity to create co-branded case studies with AWS, and be featured on the APN Blog and social media.
Access additional funds and discounts
Receive additional Market Development Funds (MDF) as an AWS Competency Partner. Also qualify for increased discount through the AWS Solution Provider Program, which further enables you to re-sell your offerings to AWS customers.
Gain go-to-market support
Promote your business at events
Engage in promotional activities at AWS-hosted and 3rd party industry events through the AWS Sponsorship program. Receive an AWS Competency Partner badge that can be used in joint marketing efforts to showcase your AWS expertise.
Choose an AWS Competency
To get started with the AWS Competency program, select the industry, use case, or workload that aligns best with your technical expertise and business needs.
Success with the AWS Competency Program
America Makes & Siemens
Compass Group UK & Lemongrass
GameStop & Pariveda
Audi & Zerolight
Pokemon & Sumo Logic
University of Notre Dame & A Cloud Guru
A Cloud Guru, an AWS Education Competency Partner, helped the University of Notre Dame educate next generation of IT Professionals without costly infrastructure.
National Cancer Institute & Druva
Dentsply Sirona & Tulip
Footasylum & Peak
Relias & ClearDATA
Nataxis & Symphony
Home & Shopping & Singular
Follow these steps to get started on your AWS Competency Partner Journey.
Step 1: Join the APN
Step 2: Meet Requirements
For businesses that provide software solutions that run on or are integrated with AWS:
- Join the AWS ISV Partner Path to adopt the best practices laid out in the AWS Well-Architected Framework, and conduct an AWS Foundational Technical Review (FTR) to meet the AWS foundational bar
- Upon meeting the AWS foundational bar and payment of the APN annual fee, choose and apply for an AWS Competency that aligns best with your technical expertise.
For businesses that provide professional, consulting, and managed services:
- You must be an AWS Advanced or Premier Consulting Partner to apply for an AWS Competency, explore AWS Consulting Partner Requirements »
- You can check your AWS Partner tier status in the Partner Scorecard on AWS Partner Central
Step 3: Identify the AWS Competency
Choose an AWS Competency that aligns best with your technical expertise and business needs.
Step 4: Apply for the AWS Competency
Once your firm has met the AWS Competency requirements outlined in the Validation Checklist, you may apply for your chosen AWS Competency.
- Complete and submit your self-assessment through your APN Partner Central account
- AWS will review your application for adherence to program requirements and contact you directly, as needed
- A technical reviewer will work with you to prepare, schedule, and complete the technical validation of your practice/solution over the phone
- Once your technical validation is complete and open action items have been resolved, AWS will contact you with a final decision on your program application and partner with you on next steps
Step 5: Promote Your Business
Upon achieving your AWS Competency designation, you will receive a welcome kit detailing AWS Partner Badge instructions and a customized PR template. You may leverage various go-to-market activities to promote your business as an AWS Competency Partner.
- Leverage co-branded marketing campaign resources available on APN Marketing Central, such as The Next Smart marketing assets
- Eligible to validate and promote your solutions through the APN Solution Space Program
- Learn more about co-branding opportunities with AWS
- Get access to generated leads through the APN Customer Engagement (ACE) Program