What does this AWS Solution do?
The IoT Device Simulator solution helps customers test device integration and improve performance of their IoT backend services, via an intuitive web-based graphical user interface (GUI). The solution allows customers to create and simulate hundreds of connected devices, without having to configure and manage physical devices, or develop time-consuming scripts.
Custom simulation engine
Intuitive user interface
AWS Solution overview
The diagram below presents the architecture you can automatically deploy using the solution's implementation guide and accompanying AWS CloudFormation template.
IoT Device Simulator solution architecture
The CloudFormation template for this solution deploys the following architecture:
2. The Amazon S3 bucket hosts the web interface.
3. Amazon Cognito user pool authenticates the API requests.
4. An Amazon API Gateway API provides the solution’s API layer.
5. AWS Lambda serves as the solution’s microservices and routes API requests.
6. Amazon DynamoDB stores simulation and device type information.
7. AWS Step Functions include an AWS Lambda simulator function to simulate devices and send messages.
8. An Amazon S3 bucket stores pre-defined routes that are used for the automotive demo.
9. AWS IoT Core serves as the endpoint to which messages are sent.
10. Amazon Location Service provides the map display showing the location of automotive devices for the automotive demo.
Note: To subscribe to RSS updates, you must have an RSS plug-in enabled for the browser you are using.
Browse our library of AWS Solutions Implementations to get answers to common architectural problems.
Find AWS certified consulting and technology partners to help you get started.
Browse our portfolio of Consulting Offers to get AWS-vetted help with solution deployment.