The Amazon WorkDocs Administrative SDK provides full administrator level access to WorkDocs site resources, allowing you to integrate your applications and manage WorkDocs users, content and permissions programmatically. Software vendors can sell their WorkDocs integrated applications in AWS marketplace, and site administrators can discover, deploy and manage these applications directly from the WorkDocs administrator console.
Typical applications that can be integrated with Amazon WorkDocs using the Administrative SDK include:
- Security and compliance: Auditing, anti-virus scanning and data loss protection (DLP) applications can scan Amazon WorkDocs content either periodically or as new contents gets added, to detect security threats and data leakage, and take mitigation actions such as purging or quarantining files and enforce appropriate permission policies.
- Content migration: Migrate users and content from on-premises and cloud content repositories to WorkDocs, by automating user account provisioning, replicating folder structures, uploading files and setting permissions.
- Content integration: Integrate WorkDocs content natively into web and mobile applications
- Available for Java, Python, Go, Java Script, .NET, PHP, and Ruby
- Automatic signing of API requests with SigV4 authentication
- Integrated with AWS IAM to manage roles and permissions
- Real-time notifications with Amazon SNS integration
- Integrated with AWS Cloud Trail for monitoring