The AWS Certified Developer – Associate exam validates technical expertise in developing and maintaining applications on the AWS platform. Exam concepts you should understand for this exam include:
- Picking the right AWS services for the application
- Leveraging AWS SDKs to interact with AWS services from your application
- Writing code that optimizes performance of AWS services used by your application
- Code-level application security (IAM roles, credentials, encryption, etc.)
Eligible candidates for this exam have:
- One or more years of hands-on experience designing and maintaining an AWS-based application
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
- Proficiency in designing, developing, and deploying cloud-based solutions using AWS
- Experience with developing and maintaining applications written for Amazon Simple Storage Service, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Simple Queue Service, Amazon Simple Notification Service, Amazon Simple Workflow Service, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, and AWS CloudFormation.
- Multiple choice and multiple answer questions
- 80 minutes to complete the exam
- Available in English, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese
- Practice Exam Registration fee is USD 20
- Exam Registration fee is USD 150
Get hands-on experience with key concepts and services with a collection of self-paced labs.
Find resources and tips to help you prepare for your AWS Certification.
Find out if you're eligible and learn what you need to do.