AWS Certified Developer - Associate
Validate your technical skills and expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
The AWS Certified Developer - Associate examination is intended for individuals who perform a development role and have one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining an AWS-based application.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Demonstrate an understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
- Ability to use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications
- Ability to identify key features of AWS services
- Understanding of the AWS shared responsibility model
- Understanding of application lifecycle management
- Ability to use a CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS
- Ability to use or interact with AWS services
- Ability to apply a basic understanding of cloud-native applications to write code
- Ability to write code using AWS security best practices (e.g., not using secret and access keys in the code, instead using IAM roles)
- Ability to author, maintain, and debug code modules on AWS
- Proficiency writing code for serverless applications
- Understanding of the use of containers in the development process
Prepare for Your Exam
The best preparation for certification exams is practical experience. We recommend one or more years of hands-on experience using AWS.
Developing on AWS
Classroom | 3 days
In this course, you will learn how to use the AWS SDK to develop secure and scalable cloud applications. Explore how to interact with AWS using code and also learn about key concepts, best practices, and troubleshooting tips.
Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Developer – Associate
Digital | 2 hours
Prepare for the exam by exploring the exam’s topic areas, mapping them to developing on AWS, and identifying specific areas to study. You will review sample exam questions in each topic area and learn how to interpret the concepts being tested so that you can better eliminate incorrect responses.