What does this AWS Solution do?
This solution allows you to directly interact with data in your Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) file systems through a web user interface.
Use the web UI to browse, upload, and download files in existing EFS file systems, without specialized Linux knowledge.
Web access provides access to your Amazon EFS files from any device or location.
Serverless architecture saves you from deploying dedicated resources, such as an Amazon EC2 instance, to manage your data.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) implementations can use this solution to host datasets in Amazon EFS file systems and run inference algorithms via AWS Lambda within the same Amazon VPC.
AWS Solution overview
The diagram below presents the architecture you can automatically deploy using the solution's implementation guide and accompanying AWS CloudFormation template.
Simple File Manager for Amazon EFS Solutions Implementation architecture
The AWS CloudFormation template deploys the following infrastructure:
- An Amazon CloudFront distribution to serve the Simple File Manager web UI.
- An Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) web source bucket for hosting the CloudFront distribution.
- An Amazon Cognito user pool to provide a user directory.
- An Amazon Cognito identity pool to provide federation with AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) for authentication and authorization to the web UI.
- An Amazon API Gateway file manager REST API to proxy file system operations from the web UI to your Amazon EFS file system. AWS IAM roles are created for the API to operate.
- An AWS Lambda API handler function to support the file manager API.
- An AWS Lambda file manager function to connect to the Amazon EFS file system.
- An Amazon EFS access point to allow Amazon EFS file system access from AWS Lambda.
Note: The AWS Lambda file manager function (7) and Amazon EFS access point (8) are not automatically deployed by this solution’s CloudFormation template. Create these resources post deployment.
Browse our library of AWS Solutions to get answers to common architectural problems.
Find AWS Partners to help you get started.
Find prescriptive architectural diagrams, sample code, and technical content for common use cases.