About this Learning Plan
This Learning Plan helps Developers, Architects, and DevOps engineers understand and work with serverless functions using AWS Lambda.
You can use this course to gain basic proficiency with AWS Lambda, or supplement your existing experience. This course includes learning modules, a hands-on lab, and a skills asssessment. A passing score of 80% of more earns you a digital badge you can share on social media, issued by Credly.
AWS offers technologies for running code, managing data, and integrating applications, all without managing servers. Serverless technologies feature automatic scaling, built-in high availability, and a pay-for-use billing model to increase agility and optimize costs. These technologies also eliminate infrastructure management tasks like capacity provisioning and patching, so you can focus on writing code that serves your customers. Serverless applications start with AWS Lambda, an event-driven compute service natively integrated with over 200 AWS services and software as a service (SaaS) applications
In this course, you will:
- Get an introduction to serverless compute on AWS.
- Learn the fundamentals of AWS Lambda.
- Survey the tooling for .NET development on Lambda.
- Understand which versions of .NET you can use with Lambda.
- Know the 3 ways to run .NET Lambda: managed runtime, custom runtime, and container image.
- Explore options for APIs: Amazon API Gateway and Lambda Function URLs.
- Begin using AWS Lambda with .NET code.
Before starting this tutorial, you will need:
- An AWS account: If you don't already have an account, follow the Setting Up Your Environment getting started guide for a quick overview.
This tutorial is divided into the following modules. You may go through the modules fully, or skim and review, based on your experience and readiness.
- Introduction to AWS Lambda (45 minutes).
- Tooling for .NET Development (45 minutes).
- .NET on AWS Lambda (30 minutes).
- Working with Other AWS Services (30 minutes).
- Unit Testing and Debugging (30 minutes).
- Hands-on Lab: Create and Deploy Lambda Functions (60 minutes).
- Skills Assessment (16 questions, not timed): Assess your AWS Lambda skills.