About this Learning Plan
This Learning Plan helps Developers, DevOps engineers, and Solutions Architects understand and work with containerized .NET applications and services using Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon ECS on AWS Fargate, and Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR). The digital training included in this Learning Plan will expose you to deploying and managing containerized applications running on Amazon ECS on AWS Fargate.
You can use this course to gain basic proficiency with Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate, or supplement your existing experience. This course includes learning modules, a hands-on lab, and a skills assessment. A Passing score of 80% or more earns you a badge you can share on social media, issued by Credly.
AWS provides several container services for hosting your .NET applications. Besides hosting container applications with Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), you can use Kubernetes with Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), or host container applications with AWS App Runner.
This course will show how to host and manage .NET and .NET Framework applications in containers using Amazon ECS, and Amazon ECS on AWS Fargate (it does not cover Amazon EKS). AWS Fargate is a serverless approach to running containers, enabling container-based applications to be run without needing to manage the underlying container infrastructure. With AWS Fargate, you no longer need to manage servers and their related infrastructure, and instead you focus on your application code.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Identify and differentiate between containers running on Amazon ECS, and Amazon ECS on AWS Fargate.
- Articulate use cases for containers running in clusters on Amazon ECS or Amazon ECS on AWS Fargate.
- Identify which AWS container service is appropriate for specific business and application needs.
- Differentiate between clusters, tasks, task definitions, services, and other resources you will encounter when working with Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate.
- Explore and consume relevant follow-on training.
- Begin using Amazon ECS on AWS Fargate, and Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR).
This course is for developers working on .NET and .NET Framework applications that are already running in containers, or will be updated to do so. This course will not cover AWS App2Container. App2Container is a solution for running .NET web applications in containers without modifying the application build, even where the original source code or build process isn’t available. It analyzes the application, handling the packaging, and generating the artifacts to host the application and its dependencies on Amazon ECS and Amazon EKS.
Before starting this tutorial, you will need:
An AWS account: If you don't already have an account, follow the Setting Up Your Environment getting started guide for a quick overview.
This tutorial is divided into the following modules. You may go through the modules fully, or skim and review, based on your experience and readiness.
- Understanding Amazon ECS, Amazon ECR, and AWS Fargate (30 minutes).
- .NET Container Development Tools on AWS (60 minutes)
- Hands-on Lab: NET Workloads on Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate (90 minutes)
- Skills Assessment (16 questions, not timed): Assess your Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate skills.