DoApp Case Study
DoApp is a mobile and web applications development company. The Minneapolis, Minnesota–based firm’s mobile apps were part of the initial wave of apps released in the Apple App store, including the first flashlight app. Today DoApp provides more than 460 apps for the iOS, Google Play, Amazon Fire, and mobile web platforms. Its most popular product is a news app that can be customized for specific organizations, including news companies like Gannett, the Boston Globe and Boston Herald, Gatehouse Media, and customers like the NFL’s Cleveland Browns and the U.S. Department of Defense.
With AWS, we get 11 nines of durability and 99.95% or better availability, we can service customers around the world, and we can distribute new file content in a matter of seconds. AWS provides Fortune 500 infrastructure, reliability, and scalability at a reasonable cost to a company with just 12 people."
Software Develper, DoApp
- Needed to control costs and IT overhead while focusing resources on product development and marketing.
- Had to provide extremely reliable content delivery to attract and retain customers in highly competitive market.
- Wanted to target a global customer base.
Why Amazon Web Services
- Uses Amazon CloudFront to serve content to apps, Amazon Route 53 for DNS services, and Amazon Simple Notification Service to push notifications to apps.
- Uses Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Simple Queue Service to provide high transaction rates at scale for the advertising platform and content processing.
- Caches content in Amazon ElastiCache.
- Operates its own advertising network using Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, Elastic Load Balancing, and Auto Scaling.
- Uses AWS Identity and Access Management to control access to content.
DoApp is a mobile and web applications development company.
Benefits of AWS
- Lower costs: Pay-as-you-go model keeps operations lean in extremely competitive environment.
- Reliability: High reliability and availability of content for clients working on 24/7 news cycles.
- Scalability: Serve customers around the world, spinning up new content and services in minutes.
AWS Services Used
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is an object storage service that offers industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance.
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable cloud Domain Name System (DNS) web service.
Amazon Route 53
AWS Support brings Amazon’s tradition of customer-obsession to the B2B technology world. We focus on helping you achieve the outcomes you need to make your business successful.
Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is a highly available, durable, secure, fully managed pub/sub messaging service.
Companies of all sizes across all industries are transforming their businesses every day using AWS. Contact our experts and start your own AWS Cloud journey today.