Amazon AppStream 2.0 is a fully managed application streaming service. You can centrally manage your desktop applications on AppStream 2.0 and securely deliver them to any supported device. Users can instantly access their applications over an internet connection with no downloads or installation required.
You can use AppStream 2.0 to accelerate software adoption in the following ways:
- Deliver online software demos, trials, and training to help customers get started quickly with your applications.
- Develop software as a service (SaaS) solutions to reach customers in new market segments without rewriting your applications.
- Share preconfigured application images with your customers to support their migration to the cloud.
This project series provides step-by-step guidance for three projects that demonstrate how you can use AppStream 2.0 for these scenarios.
In this project series, you use Amazon AppStream 2.0 and other AWS services to create an online software trial, develop a SaaS solution, and share a preconfigured image for the customers of an example reference corporation.
This series includes the following three projects:
- Create an online software trial with AppStream 2.0. Let your customers instantly try your software by using a web browser without any downloads or installations.
- Share a preconfigured AppStream 2.0 image to support your customers’ cloud migration. Provide a preconfigured AppStream 2.0 image to customers. This image lets them use their existing product licenses to run your applications on their AWS accounts.
- Create a SaaS portal with AppStream 2.0. Build a fully functioning web-based software subscription of your desktop application without rewriting your code.
Initial Configuration for Each Project
To complete the initial configuration in each project, you use Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) to host a static website. This project series uses Example Corp. as a reference company, and it provides associated digital assets for the website, including logos and text. Or, you can substitute your own assets to customize the website for your organization. Next, you add and verify an email address identity in Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) so that you can send and receive customer emails.