Amazon ElastiCache has no upfront costs. With on-demand nodes you pay only for the resources you consume by the hour without any long-term commitments. With Reserved Nodes, you can make a low, one-time, up-front payment for each node you wish to reserve for a 1 or 3 year term. In return, you receive a significant discount off the ongoing hourly usage rate for the Node(s) you reserve.
The Amazon ElastiCache Free Usage Tier helps new AWS customers get started with a managed caching service in the cloud for free. Customers eligible for the AWS Free Usage tier receive 750 hours per month of a t2.micro or t3.micro node.
Pay only for what you use. There is no minimum fee. Estimate your monthly bill using the AWS Pricing Calculator.
Amazon ElastiCache can be used to significantly improve latency and throughput for many read-heavy application workloads (such as social networking, gaming, media sharing and Q&A portals) or compute-intensive workloads (such as a recommendation engine) by allowing you to store the objects that are often read in cache. Moreover, with Redis support for advanced data structures, you can augment the database tier to provide features (such as leaderboard, counting, session and tracking) that are not easily achievable via databases in a cost-effective way.
Amazon ElastiCache simplifies and offloads the management, monitoring, and operation of in-memory cache environments, enabling you to focus on the differentiating parts of your applications.
Amazon ElastiCache provides:
- Support for two engines: Memcached and Redis
- Ease of management via the AWS Management Console. With a few clicks you can configure and launch cache nodes for the engine you wish to use.
- Compatibility with the specific engine protocol. This means most of the client libraries will work with the respective engines they were built for - no additional changes or tweaking required.
- Detailed monitoring statistics for the engine nodes at no extra cost via Amazon CloudWatch
- Pay only for the resources you consume based on node hours used
Amazon ElastiCache is available in all AWS regions and allows you to run your cache nodes in Amazon Virtual Private Cloud.
Paying for what you use
Available Cache Nodes
See the ElastiCache Pricing page to review the currently supported Cache Node Types.
Looking for T1, M1, M2, M3, C1, or R3 Cache Nodes? See the Previous Generation Cache Nodes page.
Intended Usage and Restrictions
Your use of this service is subject to the Amazon Web Services Customer Agreement.
Learn more about Amazon ElastiCache pricing