We're ready to help you, no matter what hours you keep. Our Developer-level tier offers support via email Monday through Friday 8 a.m.–6 p.m. in the customer time zone. Business and Enterprise-level customers have access to support at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days per year via phone, chat, and email.
Our AWS Technical Support tiers cover development and production issues for AWS products and services, along with other key stack components:
- "How to" questions about AWS services and features
- Best practices to help you successfully integrate, deploy, and manage applications in the cloud
- Troubleshooting API and AWS SDK issues
- Troubleshooting operational or systemic problems with AWS resources
- Issues with our Management Console or other AWS tools
- Problems detected by EC2 health checks
- A number of third-party applications such as OS, web servers, email, VPN, databases, and storage configuration
AWS Support does not include:
- Code development
- Debugging custom software
- Performing system administration tasks
From the Support Center, all AWS Support customers on an enhanced service tier can:
- Open a case online with Support via email (web support), chat, or phone
- Send us more information by adding additional correspondences to your existing case
- Check on the status of your open cases
- Track any telephone or online correspondence between you and our developer support engineers
- View the Service Health Dashboard for each AWS region
- Jump to other handy resources like the Discussion Forums and the Product FAQs
From the Support Center, all Developer-level and higher Support customers can open a case online. Business and Enterprise-level customers can ask AWS to call at any convenient phone number or strike up a conversation with one of our engineers via chat. Enterprise-level customers also have direct access to their dedicated Technical Account Manager.
Support for Health Checks
Health Checks monitor the health and status of AWS services, and the status of these checks is displayed in the AWS Management Console. When a check does not pass, customers have the option to open a high-priority ticket with Technical Support for assistance. Health Checks are currently available for Amazon EC2 instances and Amazon EBS volumes. For more information, see the Support for Health Checks FAQs.
Our first-contact response times are based on your chosen severity level for each case. We're committed to providing a response within these time frames:
|Severity Level||Response Time||Available For|
||Developer, Business, Enterprise
||Developer, Business, Enterprise
Developer-level customers can expect a support professional to be available Monday through Friday 8am–6pm in the customer time zone. Business and Enterprise-level customers can expect support any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
We provide best practice recommendations to improve performance and efficiency. We make recommendations on how new AWS offerings may fit your use case.
In cases of apparent networking or performance issues, you can expedite the troubleshooting process by running these diagnostics and sharing their output files with us. The tools are available for download at the Support Center.
AWS Support Business and Enterprise levels include support for common operating systems and common application stack components. AWS Support engineers can assist with the setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of the following third-party platforms and applications.
Operating systems on EC2 instances:
- Ubuntu Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora
- SUSE Linux (SLES and openSUSE)
- CentOS Linux
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Infrastructure components: Sendmail and Postfix MTAs
- OpenVPN and RRAS
- SSH, SFTP, and FTP
- LVM and Software RAID
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Third-party software support is available only to AWS Support customers enrolled for Business or Enterprise Support.
- AWS Support does not provide hands-on systems administration. Our advice is intended for experienced systems administrators and IT staff.
- AWS Support does not provide support for third-party software not listed here.
- Support in non-English languages is provided best effort.
- Third-party support applies only to software running on Amazon EC2 and does not extend to assisting with on-premises software, with the exception of VPN tunnel configuration for supported devices for Amazon VPC.
- AWS Support response times (e.g. <15 min) are for the first response and are not resolution times for third-party software cases.
AWS Trusted Advisor draws upon best practices learned from the aggregated operational history of serving hundreds of thousands of AWS customers. Trusted Advisor inspects your AWS environment and alerts you to opportunities to save money, improve system availability and performance, or help close security gaps. For more information, see Meet AWS Trusted Advisor.
AWS Infrastructure Event Management is a short-term engagement with AWS Support, available as part of the Enterprise-level Support product offering, and available for additional purchase for Business-level Support subscribers. AWS Infrastructure Event Management partners with your technical and project resources to gain a deep understanding of your use case and provide architectural and scaling guidance for an event. Common use-case examples for AWS Event Management include advertising launches, new product launches, and infrastructure migrations to AWS.
Your AWS Concierge is a senior customer service agent who is assigned to your account when you subscribe to an Enterprise or qualified Reseller Support plan. This Concierge agent is your primary point of contact for billing or account inquiries; when you don’t know whom to call, they will find the right people to help. In most cases, the AWS Concierge is available during regular business hours in your headquarters’ geography. Outside of business hours, the global customer service team can assist you 24x7x365. The best way to contact the AWS Concierge is through the AWS Support Center.
Here are some of the questions that you might ask your AWS Concierge:
- How is my monthly bill calculated?
- How can I optimize costs?
- How can I restructure my consolidated bill?
- How can I locate the service limits for my accounts?
- How can I identify underutilized resources?
- How can I manage multiple linked accounts on a consolidated bill?
- How can I make a bulk Reserved Instances purchase?
- My company has merged with another company. How do I transition the AWS accounts to the new company?
For answers to common questions, see the AWS Support FAQs.
The AWS Support API allows you to programmatically interact with your Support cases (create, edit, close) and access/refresh Trusted Advisor best practices recommendations. For more information, see the AWS Support Documentation.
For Enterprise-level customers, a TAM provides technical expertise for the full range of AWS services and obtains a detailed understanding of your use case and technology architecture. TAMs work with AWS Solution Architects to help you launch new projects and give best practices recommendations throughout the implementation life cycle. Your TAM is the primary point of contact for ongoing support needs, and you have a direct telephone line to your TAM.
For Enterprise-level customers, a TAM helps you tier, execute, and evaluate your infrastructure performance. The TAM conducts regular performance reviews, participates in requested meetings, and collaborates on new launches to ensure readiness.
Cases submitted by Enterprise-level customers are routed directly to specially trained engineers to ensure fast, accurate resolution of critical issues.
After we've responded to your case, we work with you to identify and resolve your problem. We consider cases resolved if:
- Your problem is fixed.
- The source of the problem lies with third-party software. (We’ll continue to be a resource as you work with the third party on resolution.)
- You don't respond to a query or request from us for four (4) consecutive days.
For recurring issues, you can choose to reopen the case.