The Amazon EC2 VM Import Connector extends the capabilities of VMware vCenter to provide a familiar graphical user interface you can use to import your preexisting virtual machines (VMs) to Amazon EC2. Using the Connector, importing a virtual machine is as simple as selecting a virtual machine (VM) from your vSphere infrastructure, and speciying the AWS Region, Availability Zone, operating system, instance size, security group, and VPC details (if desired) into which the VM should be imported. Once the VM has been imported, you can launch it as an instance from the AWS Management Console, and immediately take advantage of all the features of Amazon EC2.
- 12/18/2013 : Version 1.4.1 released
- Fix to ensure configuration passwords have sufficient entropy
- 12/16/2013 : Version 1.4 released
- Adding Linux Import support
- 09/27/2013 : Version 1.3 released
- Adds support for vCenter 5.1.
- Minimized logging for improved security.
- 04/30/2012 : Version 1.2 released
- Adds support for vCenter 5.0.
- 06/27/2011 : Version 1.1 released
- Includes proxy support for Internet access, improved visibility on import task progress, and several bug fixes.
- 03/03/2011 : Version 1.0 released