Links, Links, and More Links
I’m attacking my inbox with a shovel; here are just a few of the things I found within:
- First off, Rich Lafferty enumerates the most expensive things at Amazon. Fortunately, the $40,000 Super Bowl XL Opus MVP Edition is available for free shipping. There are 3 in stock as I write this, so be sure to order soon!
- WeoGeo’s WeoCeo product simplifies the management of Amazon EC2 instances. As the configuration file notes, “Utilizing a statistical reporting daemon on the WeoCEO clients, the WeoCEO server can calculate statistics on the overall system load. WeoCEO is designed to work in a homogenous networking environment, where each image launched is responsible for largely the same tasks.”
- David Berlind asks, “Is it time to throw away your servers?” You will have to watch the video to see what conclusions he reaches. Entertaining and informative, not to mention colorful!
- Smartsheet.com is an innovative task, project, and process tracker that just happens to use Amazon S3 for storage and Amazon EC2 for processing. They are also using the Amazon Mechanical Turk to solicit suggestions for new types of project templates. You can find the HIT here.
- Blake Schwendiman wrote to tell me about his Instant Amazon gadget for the Google desktop and the Google Desktop/Sidebar.
- I’m not sure how to describe Justin.tv! Justin is wearing a video camera and recording every minute of his life, and posting the videos to this EC2-powered site.