Announcing V2 of the AWS SDK for Ruby
I am excited to announce today’s stable release of version 2 of the AWS SDK for Ruby. It is available now as the
aws-sdk gem on RubyGems.
Version 2 of the AWS SDK for Ruby, the
aws-sdk gem, provides a number of powerful features for developers including:
- Support for 40+ services
- Resource interfaces for 7 services
- Client response stubs
- Response paging
- Improved parameter validation
- Flexible gem dependencies
- Structured response data
- Improved API reference documentation with examples
- Aws.memoize no longer needed
- Intelligent credential management
- Extensible via plugins and custom request handlers
Version 2 of the AWS SDK for Ruby uses a different namespace, making it possible to use version 1 and version 2 in the same application.
# Gemfile gem 'aws-sdk', '~> 2' gem 'aws-sdk-v1' # code require 'aws-sdk-v1' require 'aws-sdk' ec2_v1 = AWS::EC2.new # v1 ec2_v2 = Aws::EC2::Resource.new # v2
This allows you to start using the version 2 SDK today without changing existing code.