New Simple Queue Service Release
- New function to get the approximate number of messages in a queue.
- Ability to change the visibility timeout of a message.
- Ability to delete a queue even if it is not empty.
- More flexibility in queue names, including the ability to use the hyphen and underscore characters as part of the name.
- Ability to send messages up to 256KB in length via the HTTP query interface (the former limit was 8KB).
The SQS documentation and the WSDL have been updated to reflect these changes.