New edX Course Helps Build AWS IoT Skills
This post is contributed by Maureen Lonergan, Director, AWS Training and Certification
AWS Training and Certification now offers a new course through edX entitled AWS IoT: Developing and Deploying an Internet of Things. This self-paced digital course focuses on developing skills to build and deploy Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for industrial, commercial, or consumer applications. These solutions include Connected Home and Industrial IoT.
The course was developed by AWS IoT experts and explains the following:
- What the Internet of Things is and how it works.
- How to use AWS IoT edge software to connect your devices and operate them at the edge.
- How to use AWS IoT control services to secure, control, and manage your devices from the cloud.
- How to use AWS IoT data services to work with IoT data faster and extract value from it.
This intermediate-level digital course is recommended for those with:
- At least one year of software development experience
- A basic understanding of AWS services and the AWS Management Console, either through previous experience or the AWS Developer Professional Series on edX.
The course is divided into four weekly lessons with an estimated two to five hours per week of study time. It features approximately 12 hours of video-based lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on lab exercises. Learners can set their own pace and deadlines. All learners may take weekly quizzes, which are not graded and allow unlimited retries.
This on-demand, 100%-digital course is available and is offered on a complimentary basis. To obtain a verified certificate, learners can enroll in edX’s verified certificate track, and must successfully pass the end-of-course assessment that covers all the learning objectives and content.
Get started today at AWS IoT: Developing and Deploying an Internet of Things.