The Top 10 Most Downloaded AWS Security and Compliance Documents in 2016
July 24, 2020: The number 10 item in this list, the Auditing Security Checklist, has been replaced by a Cloud Audit Academy course.
The following list includes the ten most downloaded AWS security and compliance documents in 2016. Using this list, you can learn about what other people found most interesting about security and compliance last year.
- Service Organization Controls (SOC) 3 Report – This publicly available report describes internal controls for security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, or privacy.
- AWS Best Practices for DDoS Resiliency – This whitepaper covers techniques to mitigate distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks.
- Architecting for HIPAA Security and Compliance on AWS – This whitepaper describes how to leverage AWS to develop applications that meet HIPAA and HITECH compliance requirements.
- ISO 27001 Certification – The ISO 27001 certification of our Information Security Management System (ISMS) covers our infrastructure, data centers, and services including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC).
- AWS: Overview of Security Processes – This whitepaper describes the physical and operational security processes for the AWS managed network and infrastructure, and helps answer questions such as, “How does AWS help me protect my data?”
- AWS: Risk and Compliance – This whitepaper provides information to help customers integrate AWS into their existing control framework, including a basic approach for evaluating AWS controls and a description of AWS certifications, programs, reports, and third-party attestations.
- ISO 27017 Certification – The ISO 27017 certification provides guidance about the information security aspects of cloud computing, recommending the implementation of cloud-specific information security controls that supplement the guidance of the ISO 27002 and ISO 27001 standards.
- AWS Whitepaper on EU Data Protection – This whitepaper provides information about how to meet EU compliance requirements when using AWS services.
- PCI Compliance in the AWS Cloud: Technical Workbook – This workbook provides guidance about building an environment in AWS that is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Auditing Security Checklist – This whitepaper provides information, tools, and approaches for auditors to use when auditing the security of the AWS managed network and infrastructure.