Unlock innovation in data and AI at AWS re:Invent 2023
For organizations seeking to unlock innovation with data and AI, AWS re:Invent 2023 offers several opportunities. Attendees will discover services, strategies, and solutions for tackling any data challenge. In this post, we provide a curated list of keynotes, sessions, demos, and exhibits that will showcase how you can unlock innovation in data and AI using AWS for Data.
Several keynotes will shine a spotlight on data. For example, Dr. Swami Sivasubramanian, VP of Data and AI at AWS, keynotes Wednesday, November 29, from 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM on using company data to build differentiated generative AI applications that can unlock new levels of productivity and creativity across the organization.
Several Innovation Talks will provide insights into data topics. These 60-minute talks will also spotlight how AWS is empowering customers to innovate and overcome their most important business challenges:
- STG227-INT | AWS storage: The backbone for your data-driven business, presented by Andy Warfield, Vice President and Distinguished Engineer; Tuesday, November 28 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- AIM245-INT | Innovate faster with generative AI, presented by Dr. Bratin Saha, Vice President of AI & ML; Wednesday, November 29 | 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- DAT212-INT | Future-proofing your applications with AWS databases, co-presented by Jeff Carter, Vice President of Databases and Migration Services, and Rahul Pathak, Vice President of Relational Database Engines; Wednesday, November 29 | 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- AIM250-INT | Putting your data to work with generative AI, presented by Mai-Lan Tomsen Bukovec, Vice President of Technology; Thursday, November 30 | 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
- ANT219-INT | Data drives transformation: Data foundations with AWS analytics, presented by G2 Krishnamoorthy, Vice President of Analytics; Thursday, November 30 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
FORMULA 1 cars are data powerhouses, with over 300 sensors collecting more than 1.1 million data points per second. F1 uses all that data with AWS to gain insights on race strategy and car performance. They also integrate some of those insights into the live TV broadcast to entertain and educate fans.
Stop by the AWS for Data booth in the AWS Village to get data strategy advice from an AI-powered Data Concierge created by the AWS Generative AI Innovation Center. You can race slot cars while seeing AWS technologies pull data in real time. You can also explore an augmented reality experience demonstrating F1 insights powered by AWS.
Several educational sessions will explore best practices for deriving value from data on AWS. Examples include ANT335: Get the most out of your data warehousing workloads, DAT323: Discovering the vector database power of Amazon Aurora and Amazon RDS, and AIM337: Accelerate generative AI application development with Amazon Bedrock.
You can learn about data integration technologies and strategies with sessions such as ANT326: Set up a zero-ETL based analytics architecture for your organizations, ANT331: Build an end-to-end data strategy for analytics and generative AI, and ANT218: Unified and integrated near real-time analytics with zero-ETL.
We will also cover data governance with sessions such as ANT206: Modern data governance customer panel, ANT334: End-to-end data and machine learning governance on AWS, and AIM344: Scaling AI/ML governance.
Plan your re:Invent agenda
From data ingestion and storage to analysis and visualization, AWS provides a comprehensive, integrated, and governed set of data services. re:Invent offers a close look at how organizations can use these data services to transform their business. Browse the agenda to plan your re:Invent visit. You will leave inspired and equipped to use data like never before.
About the author
Pradeep S. Parmar is a Senior Product Marketing Manager at AWS. He focuses on data and AI services for technical decision makers. His prior experience includes leading product marketing for SaaS, networking, and server products at a startup, Cisco Systems and Sun Microsystems. Outside work, Pradeep dedicates time to volunteering with a non-profit wellness organization.