[Updated 11/27] Media & Entertainment guide to AWS re:Invent 2019
From December 2 to December 6, more than 60,000 attendees will spread out across six venues on the Las Vegas Strip, which promises to make re:Invent 2019 the biggest re:Invent yet.
For M&E attendees looking to get the most out of their experience, follow the steps below:
- Register for re:Invent
- Take a look at all of the M&E sessions available (and reserve your seat!), as well as lots of other information including logistics and additional activities, in our curated M&E Attendee Guide.
- Check back on this post regularly, as we’ll continually update it to reflect the newest information.
M&E Session Spotlights
With over 45 M&E-related sessions across breakouts, workshops, chalk talks, and builder sessions, we have something for media business leaders, technologists, and developers alike.
- AIM323 Delight your customers with ML-based personalized recommendations
- ANT328 How Prime Video processes 8 percent of all US internet traffic on AWS
- CMP203 Studio in the cloud: Content production on AWS
- MDS201 Latest Media & Entertainment industry news from AWS
- MDS202-R Optimizing live video feeds to the cloud and the consumer
- MDS301 WarnerMedia/HBO’s cloud-based linear playout system
- MDS303-R Evolution of personalization/recommendation for video workflows
- MDS311-R Migrating live television distribution to the cloud, featuring Fox
- MDS313-R Hotstar – Live streaming at record scale
- AIM304-R Build a content-recommendation engine with Amazon Personalize
- ARC313-R Architecting global storage with AWS Lambda
- CMP319-R Deploy graphic desktops for content production on AWS
- MDS402-R Media analysis evolved
- MDS403 Launch a live video channel in minutes
- MDS404 Automate, accelerate, and appreciate your VOD workflows
- MDS405-R UnicornFlix: Building a video-on-demand app with AWS
- AIM340-R Next-gen video: Transcription, translation & search, powered by ML
- MDS305 Breaking news: Deploy global content distribution in minutes
- MDS306-R Building resilient live streaming video workflows
- MDS307-R Are you well-architected? Best practices for media workloads
- MDS312-R Launch media workflows quickly with AWS Media & Entertainment Solutions
- MDS401-R Building resilient live streaming video workflows
- MDS408 Building and refining AI Models with Human-in-the-loop workflows
- STG349 Optimize video processing using Amazon FSx for Lustre
- STG355 Archiving media content with Amazon S3 Glacier Deep Archive
- STG404 Architecting hybrid cloud media workflows
- AIM355-R Automate creation of redacted content with the Media Analysis Solution
- MDS308-R Create multi-language video with automated subtitling
- MDS309-R Build basic live video workflows
- MDS310-R Build basic video-on-demand workflows
- MDS406-R Extract value from content archives with Media Insights Engine
- MDS407-R Migrate media assets with Media2Cloud
M&E AWS Village Demos
Stop by to see our two demos in the AWS Village and talk with Media & Entertainment experts.
Stop by to talk to Media & Entertainment-focused Solutions Architects who can answer all your questions and show you what services and solutions AWS has to offer.
Pop-A-Shot Interactive Demo
Compete with other attendees to see how many baskets you can make in 45 seconds while watching Media and Machine Learning services in action. Track your standing throughout re:Invent on the live leaderboard.
AWS Village Theater
Stop in to see twenty-minute demos by AWS M&E experts in the Pilvi Demo Theater (in the AWS Village at the Expo).
- 10:30-10:50am DEM108: Building the machine learning e-basketball experience
- 11:00-11:20am DEM109: How Rock & Roll Hall of Fame used ML on AWS to surface archived iconic moments
- 11:30-11:50am DEM110: Achieve ultra-low latency for live video streaming
- 12:00-12:20pm DEM113: Video editing in the cloud
Meet with an M&E Expert
If you have a specific topic you’d like to discuss, we will have representatives from each of the categories below available for meetings at re:Invent. Please reach out to your Account Manager to coordinate.
- M&E business development and marketing leaders.
- Service team experts in content production, supply chain, and content distribution.
- Solutions Architects and Professional Services who have helped hundreds of customers implement media workflows.
In spotlight labs, an AWS instructor guides you step-by-step through a lab. Spotlight lab sessions are 90 minutes, and due to limited seating, we recommend that you reserve a seat in advance.
- Build a channel with AWS Elemental MediaLive and AWS Elemental MediaPackage
- In this hands-on lab, you build a live channel using AWS Media Services.
- Monday, 1:00-2:30pm
- Reserve your seat here
- Media services: Use AWS AI services to automate captioning & subtitling
- In this lab, get hands-on experience building a video workflow that uses machine learning (ML) to build multi-language captioning with AWS services.
- Reserve your seat here