What’s Hot at the AWS Pop-up Loft in October
We’ve filled the October calendar with technical sessions and evening presentations by AWS architects, innovative startups, and industry thought leaders. Here’s a peek at some can’t-miss happenings at the Loft:
- Opening Day: Wednesday, October 1st, 3PM: Database History and Learnings from Amazon.com. Khawaja Shams, Head of NoSQL at AWS, will deep dive into the history of NoSQL at Amazon.com, from the world of relational databases, to the Dynamo days, to the world of managed services like DynamoDB.
- Opening Night: Wednesday, October 1st, 6:30 PM: The Future of IT: Startups at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Tom Soderstrom, the Chief Innovation Officer of NASA JPL, will share the way he delivers projects in a startup environment: from seating to planning to delivering. He will also share the role that Cloud Computing has played in the exploration of space in the last decade and where we are heading next.
- Wednesday Oct 8th 10AM-6PM (and every other Wednesday): Chef ‘Ask an Architect’ Sessions. Sign up for 1:1 sessions with the Engineers of Chef. Bring your Chef automation questions and problems, no matter how big or small.
- Thursday October 9th, 6:30PM: Behind the Scenes with NPM: Using Service-Oriented Architecture to Scale Better. Laurie Voss, Co-founder and CTO of NPM, will discuss how Service-Oriented Architecture is gaining new momentum as a way of increasing developer productivity and application scalability at the same time.
- Tuesday, October 14th, 6:30 PM: Behind the Scenes with Jaspersoft: Reporting and Analytics — Success in the Cloud and Acquisition by TIBCO. Andrew Lampitt, Cloud Services Director, will discuss the path of Jaspersoft from the open source JasperReports reporting library launched in 2001 in Romania to a $185 million acquisition by TIBCO Software.
- October 22nd, 27th, and 28th: Application Development Days. Participate in app dev sessions including “Getting Started with Amazon App Store,” “Developing for the Amazon Device Ecosystem and Fire OS,” and “Everything You Need to Know about Building Apps for Fir TV and Fire Phone.”
- October 17th and 29th: AWS Security Series. The AWS Security Team will deliver a five session series around Identity and Access Management, IAM Best Practices, Delegation and Session, and Access Control Policies.
If any of these events sound interesting, register to reserve your spot! Also, be sure to view the Loft website to check out the full calendar of events, and shoot us an email if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you at the Loft!
The AWS Startup Team