AWS Storage Blog
Online Tech Talk March 17: Migrate your on-premises data lake to a modern data lake on Amazon S3
Don’t miss our AWS Online Storage Tech Talk on March 17, where an AWS expert covers how you can use Amazon S3 to to build a modern data lake. This Tech Talk is at 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM PT (12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET).
Companies count on their data and analytics platforms as the foundation of their innovation. However, many on-premises data lakes are challenged by high costs, unscalable infrastructure, and multiple data silos. In this tech talk, we’ll cover why companies are switching to modern cloud based platforms like Amazon S3, that support multiple data sources and formats, to save costs, increase agility, and improve performance at scale. We’ll also share best practices on using online and offline options to help you safely, and securely move everything from gigabytes to petabytes of data to Amazon S3.
In this 300 level webinar you will:
- Understand the challenges of running on-premises data lakes, and why S3 is the best place to migrate your data lake.
- Explore best practices to migrate your data and workloads to Amazon S3.
- Identify how to decide between using online or offline data transfer solutions to get data into AWS.
Who should attend?
- System Engineers
- Solution Architects
- Storage Administrators
- Data Engineers
- Director of IT
- Anyone else interested
- Boni Bruno, Storage Solution Architect, AWS
- Joe Muniz, Data Lake Storage Specialist, AWS
Thank you for your interest in AWS Online Tech Talks. For more Tech Talk content, check out our on-demand sessions – the tech talk featured in this post will be on-demand soon after it ends. We look forward to seeing you on a Tech Talk real soon!