New training and resources to build skills in systems operations on AWS
Are you responsible for operating production environments, including systems and databases that support critical business operations? Do you need to administer and analyze multiple production environments and recommend novel solutions to improve availability, performance, and support ability? Do you see an opportunity to combine your deep technical knowledge with knowledge of AWS Cloud infrastructure? If so, our new training and resources to build your skills in systems operations on AWS may interest you!
As an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) enabler, AWS makes it easier for cloud developers to auto-scale resources. System administrators and developers can benefit from proper automation and optimization of their environment. But to do so, they must understand how to perform day-to-day operations on AWS.
To help you build your skills and expertise, enroll in our new three-day, instructor-led classroom course, Systems Operations on AWS.
About the course
Systems Operations on AWS is an intermediate course designed for system administrators and operators who are operating in the AWS Cloud and IT workers who want to increase their systems operations knowledge. This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn how to perform day-to-day operations on AWS.
During this course, you’ll learn how to install, configure, automate, monitor, secure, and maintain the services, networks, and systems on AWS necessary to support business applications. It also covers specific AWS features, tools, and best practices related to configuration, deployment, automation, maintenance, optimization, and troubleshooting.
Through a mixture of lecture, instructor demos, seven hands-on labs that progress in level of difficulty, and peer discussion, you’ll engage with an accredited AWS expert instructor with advanced technical knowledge to learn about topics such as compliance and infrastructure as code, securing your AWS environment, and automating data backups. Whether you attend virtually or in person, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions, work through solutions, and get real-time feedback.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Manage access to AWS resources using AWS Organizations and AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Maintain an inventory of AWS services, such as AWS Systems Manager, AWS CloudTrail, and AWS Config.
- Develop a resource deployment and maintenance strategy using tags.
- Automate resource deployment using AWS CloudFormation and AWS Service Catalog.
- Use AWS services to manage AWS resources through life-cycle processes, such as deployments and patches.
- Configure a highly available cloud environment that leverages Amazon Route 53 and Elastic Load Balancing to route traffic for optimal latency and performance.
- Configure AWS Auto Scaling and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) auto scaling to scale their cloud environment based on demand.
- Use Amazon CloudWatch and associated features, such as alarms, dashboards, and widgets, to monitor their cloud environment.
- Audit their cloud environment with CloudTrail and Config.
- Deploy resources to an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), establish necessary connectivity to Amazon VPC, and protect resources from service disruptions.
- Explain the operational characteristics of block, file, and object storage in the AWS Cloud, including Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon S3 Glacier.
- Build a comprehensive costing model to help gather, optimize, and predict cloud costs using AWS Cost Explorer and AWS Cost and Usage Reports.
Find a course and register today.
Validate your skills in systems operations on AWS
This course can help you build the necessary skills to be successful in earning your industry-recognized credential, the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification. Check out additional information to help you prepare for the certification.
If you’re interested in learning more about our AWS Training and Certification offerings for systems operations, download our AWS Operations Ramp-Up Guide. This guide provides a prescriptive—yet flexible—learning progression to learn about the five focus areas of operations. Each expertly curated guide features free digital training, classroom courses, videos, whitepapers, certifications, and other information you’re looking for.