AWS Storage Virtual Workshop Series
UPDATE: This virtual workshop series was completed on October 15th, 2020. To view it on demand, visit the AWS Storage Virtual Workshop Learning Path for this series.
On-premises storage can be costly and complex, with expensive hardware refresh cycles and data migrations due to system upgrades. It is also difficult to gain insights because your data is trapped in silos from multiple storage systems. With AWS Storage solutions, you can reduce the time to make those resources available to your organization from weeks to just minutes.
To make things a bit easier for you, AWS has set up a series of webinars where you can hear from AWS experts on services and key features across the AWS Storage portfolio. In the first few episodes, you learn how to seamlessly transfer files to AWS using the most commonly used file transfer protocols with the AWS Transfer Family. You also learn best practices on migrating to AWS hybrid cloud storage. In the episodes that follow, you learn about block, file, and object solutions to increase agility, security, and scalability in your organization. Lastly, you learn how to protect your data across AWS services with AWS Backup.
The AWS Storage Virtual Workshop Series will occur every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between October 5 and October 15 (correct, this Monday and Wednesday’s episodes are already on-demand).
Basic knowledge of enterprise data storage as well as your own non-production AWS account with administrator access. The cost to run these workshops in your non-production environment should not exceed $10 (USD) per episode. Any AWS resources should not be deployed until the workshop start date/time and should be be deleted after the workshop is completed to avoid additional costs.
- On-demand: Best Practices for Securing your AWS Transfer Family Servers (SFTP/FTPS/FTP)
- October 7, 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM PT (11:00 AM – 12:30 PM ET): Migrating from On-Premises File Servers to AWS Hybrid Cloud Storage
- October 9, 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM PT (11:00 AM – 12:30 PM ET): Automating EBS Snapshots for Data Migration and Disaster Recovery
- October 12, 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM PT (11:00 AM – 12:30 PM ET): Scale and Simplify Windows File Storage with Amazon FSx
- October 14, 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM PT (11:00 AM – 12:30 PM ET): Amazon S3 Security – Stay Secure on S3
- October 15, 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM PT (11:00 AM – 12:30 PM ET): AWS Backup – Overview and Cross-Account Management
Thanks for taking the time to read about the AWS Storage Virtual Workshop Series, we hope to see you at these informative workshops. Check out our on-demand sessions to learn more about AWS Storage solutions.