Let’s Architect! Architecting for front end
Many workloads in the cloud need a front-end interface for interacting with APIs, either for populating content or for consuming it. This edition of Let’s Architect! shows you how to scale your front-end applications and serve data across multiple devices.
Micro-frontends are the technical representation of a business subdomain, they allow independent implementations with the same or different technology.
They help minimize the code shared with other subdomains and are owned by a single team. This blog post shows you how to apply client-side rendering micro-frontends in AWS.
Microservice architectures use techniques like canary releases or blue-green deployments to reduce the blast radius of issues deployed in production. In this video, you’ll learn how Ryanair scaled their front-end practice across their website and how to implement these techniques using Lambda@Edge and Amazon CloudFront.
Many companies build APIs with GraphQL because it gives front-end developers the ability to query multiple databases, microservices, and APIs with a single GraphQL endpoint.
This video introduces asynchronous APIs, GraphQL, and the most common architectural patterns to work with. It also provides a starting point for understanding the differences between REST and GraphQL as well as mental models to identify the right tool for each job.
This video covers how to write successful tests against an API backend using AWS Amplify. Amplify speeds up the development of your front-end and serverless backend applications.
Thanks to its low-code approach, you can focus on writing the business logic of your applications without the need to create the plumbing between services. If you need to add more configurations using Amplify, review its custom resources.
See you next time!
Thanks for reading! See you in a couple of weeks when we discuss technological lock-in.
Other posts in this series
- Let’s Architect! Using open-source technologies on AWS
- Let’s Architect! Architecting for Sustainability
- Let’s Architect! Architecting for Machine Learning
- Let’s Architect! Architecting for Security
- Let’s Architect! Tools for Cloud Architects
- Let’s Architect! Architecting for Blockchain
- Let’s Architect! Architecting microservices with containers
- Let’s Architect! Serverless architecture on AWS
- Let’s Architect! Creating resilient architecture
- Let’s Architect! Architecting for governance and management