How to self-serve AWS Marketplace updates for SaaS based products
AWS Marketplace now enables sellers, independent software vendors (ISVs), and consulting partners (CPs) an opportunity to use a self-service experience to update your software as a service (SaaS) based products. With this new feature, you will be Consistent Authorization Experience (CAE) compliant. You can now update your products listed in AWS Marketplace independently, without assistance from internal AWS Marketplace operations teams. This streamlines the work for sellers, ISVs, and CPs and helps reduce time to market.
In this post, I explain how to use the self-service feature to update the different features of SaaS-based products in AWS Marketplace.
- You must have access to the AWS Marketplace console.
- You must be fully registered with AWS Marketplace as a seller. For details on how to register, refer to this checklist to successfully registering as a seller in AWS Marketplace.
- You must have a published SaaS-based product listing in either public or limited state on AWS Marketplace. Learn more about SaaS-based products in the AWS Marketplace Seller Guide.
Solution walkthrough: How to self-serve AWS Marketplace updates for SaaS-based products
To update your SaaS-based products in AWS Marketplace using self-service, do the following:
- Open the AWS Marketplace Management Portal and sign in to your seller account.
- From the SaaS Products page, on the SaaS products tab, select the product that you want to modify.
- From the Request changes dropdown, choose an option depending on the type of change you want to perform. For more information on each option, refer to these links:
(a) Update product information
(b) Update fulfillment options
(c) Update pricing terms, located under Update public offer
(d) Update refund policy, located under Update public offer
(e) Update allowlist
- Verify that the Requests tab shows the Request status as Under review. When the request completes, the status updates to Succeeded or Failed.
In this post, I showed you how to perform self-service updates to your SaaS-based products listed in AWS Marketplace. For more information on how to get started, visit the AWS Marketplace getting started guide. For information on the SaaS-based listing process, visit the SaaS-based products in the AWS Marketplace Seller Guide.
As the next step, try updating the your SaaS-based product using self-service by following steps 1-4.
Pawan Kumar is an Enterprise TAM focusing on seller operations for AWS Marketplace and is passionate about serverless computing and solving new problems. Outside of work, he enjoys playing and watching cricket.