New courses and updates from AWS Training and Certification in July 2023
We’re back with the July releases from AWS Training and Certification. It’s a big month for new training and certification exam prep resources to equip you with the skills to work with AWS services and solutions.
As a teaser to what you’ll find this month – we released 52 digital training products on AWS Skill Builder, including new trainings in generative AI and Amazon CodeWhisperer, AWS Industry Quest: Healthcare, AWS Cloud Quest: Networking, 19 AWS Builder Labs, and new exam prep for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner and AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional. For c-suite executives, explore courses to help you build knowledge of the capabilities of cloud. We also have two new trainings exclusive to AWS Partners in sales roles.
New courses in generative AI and Amazon CodeWhisperer
We’re empowering learners, decision-makers, and AWS Partners to build their knowledge and skills with generative AI to help meet the demand for talent with the latest AI/ML technology. Check out the AboutAmazon blog for all the details.
New AWS Skill Builder subscription features
Whether you’re new to cloud, an experienced builder, or an organization looking to innovate at scale with the AWS Cloud, go beyond our 600+ free digital courses to prepare for an AWS Certification, stay current, and unlock hands-on training in an AWS Console environment without the risk of additional fees.
AWS Industry Quest: Healthcare
AWS Industry Quest: Healthcare is an immersive game-based learning experience set within a virtual hospital, where your objective is to transform it into an industry leader by deploying cloud solutions for healthcare. You’ll gain hands-on experience with relevant use cases such as predicting patient readmission risk, utilizing AI/ML for accurate medical diagnoses, monitoring HIPPA compliance, and automating authorization forms. Practice, build, and validate real solutions in a risk-free AWS Management Console environment. Complete all 25 assignments and earn a verifiable digital badge to share with your professional network. AWS Industry Quest: Healthcare joins AWS Industry Quest: Financial Services to help learners in vertical industries build cloud skills.
AWS Cloud Quest: Networking
AWS Cloud Quest: Networking is game-based training that helps people learn how to use AWS services to scale network connectivity, connect to on-premises networks, protect applications, analyze network traffic, and identify suspicious activity. You’ll gain hands-on experience building solutions using the AWS Console, exploring concepts such as network tunneling, peering, cross region routing, and log analysis. When you complete all the assignments in the quest, you’ll earn a digital badge to share with your professional network. AWS Cloud Quest: Networking joins AWS Cloud Quest: Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect, Serverless Developer, Machine Learning Specialist, Security Specialist, and Data Analytics Specialist.
AWS Jam – Native Amazon CodeWhisperer Integration
Reinforce your Amazon CodeWhisperer skills by solving any of the 500+ AWS Jam challenges using Amazon CodeWhisperer. Within the Jam, click on a button, “Solve using Amazon CodeWhisperer”. We recommend you complete AWS CodeWhisperer – Getting Started training and AWS Jam – Build Using Amazon CodeWhisperer prior to solving challenges with Amazon CodeWhisperer native integration to ensure the best experience.
AWS Builder Labs
Fundamental lab – for all technical roles
- Custom Lenses using the AWS Well-Architected Tool (45 min.) Learn the features of the AWS Well-Architected Tool’s Custom Lens, including how a self-defined pillar and questions structure can be used for a domain-specific review.
Intermediate labs – for all technical roles
- Amazon VPC Networking Basics (120 min.) Learn how to create an Amazon VPC and configure that VPC to connect a hosted Amazon EC2 in a private subnet to public resources.
- AWS Network Firewall Fundamentals (60 min.) Learn how to properly set up AWS Network Firewall using the correct network infrastructure configuration required to route and block traffic with AWS Network Firewall.
- Threat Hunting with AWS Network Firewall Deployment (90 min.) Learn how to configure the AWS Network Firewall and Route53 DNS Firewall using managed rule sets to alert on specific network traffic patterns. This lab will guide how to investigate alerts and identify the traffic patterns triggering those alerts.
- Build a Serverless Architecture with Amazon Simple Notification Service, Amazon Simple Queue Service, and AWS Lambda (60 min.) Learn how to architect your application to respond to Amazon S3 bucket events using serverless services such as Amazon SNS, AWS Lambda, and Amazon SQS.
- Migrating an on premises NFS share to the AWS Cloud (reInvent) (60 min.) Learn how to use AWS DataSync and AWS Storage Gateway to migrate data from an on-premises NFS server to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3).
- Troubleshooting – IAM Access Issues (60 min.) You’ll be given a scenario to troubleshoot IAM access issues, determining how to provide a user with necessary permissions to assume an IAM role while following the principle of Least Privilege.
- Using the AWS CLI to Manage Well-Architected Framework Reviews (30 min.) Learn how to create a workload and perform a Well-Architected Framework review programmatically with the AWS SDK.
Intermediate labs – for developers, cloud architects, and engineers
- Amazon S3 for Application Storage (90 min.) Learn how to update the application code developed for the grid-maker application, test it, and update the application code to use images stored in an Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) bucket instead.
- Moving to AWS Lambda (60 min.) Learn how to use AWS Lambda as the compute environment, to create a grid image, and store it in an Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) bucket.
- Moving to Amazon API Gateway (60 min.) Learn how to create an Amazon DynamoDB table and an Amazon API Gateway hosted API that’s used by an application.
- Hands-on with AWS SAM (60 min.) Learn how to use AWS Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM) to create an AWS CloudFormation stack, which deploys the necessary resources and dependencies for the grid-maker application.
- Application Front End (60 min.) Use AWS Amplify to deploy the frontend of the grid-maker application and configure it to authenticate using Amazon Cognito.
- Stock Replenishment App (60 min.) Simulate an event-based application that uses AWS EventBridge, Amazon API Gateway, AWS Lambda, and Amazon DynamoDB.
- Capital Guessing Game (60 min.) Learn how you can build and run a Capital Guessing Game using an AWS Step Functions state machine to start games, add participants, ask questions, keep scores, and more.
- Commit a Bugfix (60 min.) Learn the fundamentals of Git to manage code changes by working on the Presidents application. You start by cloning the PresidentsApp CodeCommit repo to a Cloud9 instance, which you use as a development environment. The Presidents application has a bug in the code preventing the banner image from displaying, which you’ll work to fix.
- Write a Unit Test (60 min) Use CodePipeline to perform unit testing for the Presidents Application.
Advanced labs – for infrastructure engineers, enterprise architects, and DevOps engineers
- Build Custom Reports of AWS Well-Architected Framework Reviews (60 min.) Learn how to analyze your organization’s Well-Architected maturity across multiple AWS accounts and workloads and perform centralized reporting on high-risk issues (HRIs), including extracting, cataloging, querying, and visualizing workload data.
- Managing the Application Lifecycle in Amazon ECS with AWS Copilot (2 hours) Set up a web application using AWS Copilot to establish a CI/CD pipeline and use the CI/CD pipeline to deploy the application into a production environment.
AWS Certification Exam Preparation
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Official Practice Exam (1.5 hours) For learners preparing to sit for the newly updated AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam (CLF-C02), this official, full-length practice exam with exam-style scoring helps you prepare for your exam with trusted content built by the experts at AWS and assess your readiness. To see what’s changing in CLF-C02, check out this blog.
- Exam Prep Standard Course: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (4.5 hours) For learners preparing to sit for the newly updated AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C02) exam, you’ll follow a step-by-step plan to prepare for your exam while gauging your understanding of topics and concepts from each task statement grouped by exam domains.
- AWS Skill Builder subscribers can access an enhanced subscription-only version of the Exam Prep Enhanced Course: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C02) that includes hands-on exercises and exam-style questions to reinforce your knowledge and identify learning gaps. You’ll explore learning strategies to identify incorrect responses by interpreting the concepts that are being tested in the exam using the question explanations. Then determine your readiness by taking the AWS Certification Official Practice Exam.
DevOps Engineer – Professional
- Exam Prep Standard Course: AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional (6 hours) For DevOps engineers preparing for the AWS Certified DevOps – Professional (DOP-C02) exam, follow a step-by-step plan to prepare for the exam, while gauging your understanding of topics and concepts from each task statement grouped by exam domains.
- AWS Skill Builder subscribers can access an enhanced subscription-only version of Exam Prep Course: AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional (DOP-C02) that includes hands-on exercises and exam-style questions to reinforce your knowledge and identify learning gaps. You’ll explore learning strategies to identify incorrect responses by interpreting the concepts that are being tested in the exam using the question explanations, then can determine your readiness to take the exam with the AWS Certification Official Practice Exam.
Free digital training on AWS Skill Builder
Training for c-level executives and decision makers
- Cloud for CISOs (11 min.) For security executives, learn the value proposition of cloud from a security standpoint, how to build a culture of security and compliance on AWS, and ransomware mitigation.
- Cloud for CMOs (8 min.) For marketing executives, gain a high-level picture of cloud computing technology and explore why you should consider the cloud from a marketing perspective to gain customer insights and increase marketing return on investment. You’ll also learn how to get started with digital transformation.
- Cloud for CTOs (10 min.) For technology executives, learn how to use the cloud to help your organization adapt to customer needs and deliver enhanced user experiences through the use of scalable, cost-effective, and easily accessible technology solutions.
- AWS Cloud Economics for Banking (60 min.) For business decision makers in the banking industry, learn the value of migrating banking workloads to the AWS Cloud, the key AWS services employed, and the stages of transformation of traditional banking to cloud-based workloads.
Fundamental course with digital badge
- AWS Well-Architected Foundations (with digital badge) (3 hours) In this updated course, learn to use the AWS Well-Architected Framework (WAF) to understand the risks in your architecture and ways to mitigate them, along with interactive knowledge checks with detailed feedback within each module. When you pass the assessment, you’ll earn a digital badge that you can share with your network. Learn more about building your WAF expertise.
Fundamental training – for all technical roles
- The Cloud Architect Role in the AWS Cloud (10 min.) Learn about the role of cloud architect, their value to an organization, typical skills and job responsibilities, how they spend their day, and how they approach challenges. You’ll also learn recommended training and certifications for the role.
- AWS Billing and Cost Management (20 min.) Learn how to access AWS tools to better understand cloud spend, how to utilize expense controls and alerts to monitor expenditures, and where to learn more about cost management topics.
- Amazon Managed Grafana – Getting Started (60 min.) Learn the benefits and technical concepts to analyze metrics, logs, and traces without having to provision servers, configure and update software, or do the heavy lifting involved in securing and scaling Grafana in production.
- Amazon Kinesis Video Streams – Getting Started (60 min.) Learn how to securely stream video to AWS.
- Amazon GameSparks – Getting Started (60 min.) Game developers learn how to set up GameSparks on AWS, add the GameSparks SDK plugin to a Unity project, and integrate a GameSparks game backend with a game.
- Migrating SAP Workloads to AWS (60 min.) Learn how a fictitious company migrated their SAP® workloads to the AWS Cloud to improve performance, reduce costs, and enable digital transformation. You’ll learn about the SAP to AWS migration process, relevant AWS services, and available migration tools.
- .NET Workloads on Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate (3 hours) Learn how to build and deploy containerized applications in Visual Studio using C# and AWS cloud container technologies Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate.
- AWS Storage Services – Portfolio Introduction (40 min.) Learn about AWS storage services, how to differentiate between block, object, and file storage types, and understand the considerations for choosing the right storage type and AWS service.
- AWS Block Storage Services – Getting Started (35 min.) Learn the features and functionality of Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS), the volume types, performance characteristics, and appropriate uses to achieve scalability and high performance for your workloads.
- AWS Object Storage Services – Getting Started (40 min.) Learn the features and benefits of object storage service Amazon S3, the available storage classes, data tiering classifications, and options to your protecting data.
- AWS File Storage Services – Getting Started (1 hr. 55 min.) Learn the benefits, features, functionality, and use cases of Amazon Elastic File Storage (EFS) and Amazon FSx services, and how to differentiate storage services within Amazon FSx file storage.
- AWS Hybrid Storage Services – Getting Started (50 min.) Learn the benefits, features, use cases and considerations for AWS Hybrid Storage Services, and how to understand and differentiate various AWS Storage Gateway service offerings.
- Getting Started with AWS Edge Storage, Data Transfer and File Transfer Services (70 min.) Learn the benefits, features, use cases, and considerations for AWS edge storage services, offline and online data transfer services, and managed file transfer services.
- Getting Started with AWS Storage Data Protection Services (45 min.) Teaches developers, architects, and storage administrators about the features, benefits, use cases, and considerations for AWS storage data protection services, including AWS Backup and AWS Elastic Disaster Recovery Service (DRS). You’ll also learn how other storage services offer native data protection services.
Intermediate training – for all technical roles
- Build with Amazon Neptune (60 min.) Learn how to create, configure, connect, integrate, deploy, and monitor an Amazon Neptune database cluster.
- Data Modeling for Amazon Neptune (60 min.) Learn fundamental concepts of graph data modeling, various graph data models supported by Amazon Neptune, and how to load and transform data in Neptune.
- Designing Landing Zone Architectures with AWS Control Tower (2 hours) Learn the benefits and use cases of landing zones during migration planning and post migration account organization, including how to design, plan migrations, and setup landing zones using AWS Control Tower.
- The Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) for PostgreSQL – Troubleshooting (60 min.) Learn how to view configuration information, monitor performance, and gather diagnostic data to help troubleshoot commonly seen database issues.
- Threat Modeling for Builders Workshop (6 hours) Learn what threat modeling is, why it’s useful, how to model a system using a data log diagram, and how to use a data flow diagram to find useful threats to a system.
AWS Training delivered by Coursera and edX – for developers
- Building Serverless Applications on AWS Available on Coursera and edX, this three-course specialization for developers provides an overview of how to use various AWS services to build engineering solutions to solve customer problems. You’ll learn the basics of core AWS development services, what they do, how they fit into an overall architecture, and how they can be used to diagnose and trace errors. You’ll also learn about integrating AWS with a Software Development Kit, serverless architectures, and practical, hands-on activities. Learn more.
AWS Training for Partners
Fundamental training – for sales professionals
- AWS Partner: Migration Sales Essentials (80 min.) Learn how to engage customers in migration discussions and use AWS Migration Acceleration Program (MAP) to benefit migration opportunities.
Intermediate training – for sales professionals
- AWS Partner: AWS for Data (Sales) (60 min.) Learn how to have business-level conversations with buyer personas and identify qualified customer opportunities for key data use cases. The course covers the business value of data solutions, points of entry in customer accounts, call simulations with key buyer personas, and AWS programs to progress opportunities—the same best practices AWS uses to train its internal sales teams.
Free AWSome Day training on August 23
AWSome Day on August 23 (half-day) is a free introduction to cloud training delivered by AWS technical instructors. You’ll explore core AWS services such as compute, storage, databases, and networking, designed to accelerate your success in the AWS Cloud. You’ll also hear from AWS Partner, Rackspace Technology, and learn how partners like Rackspace can help accelerate your business, increase agility, and reduce costs. Attendees gain access to exclusive offers, including certification vouchers discounts, and time to practice in a live AWS environment for free with hands-on labs.