Developers’ guide to the AWS Public Sector Summit Online 2020
The annual AWS Public Sector Summit is now an online experience. At the virtual event, developers can build their own agenda, choosing between two session tracks as well as multiple virtual booths, zones, and activities. If you’re a developer who has registered or are thinking about registering, here’s what you need to know:
The Summit and breakout sessions
The Summit kicks off with a keynote led by Teresa Carlson, vice president of worldwide public sector at Amazon Web Services (AWS), and is followed by virtual breakout sessions with AWS subject matter experts. The two developer tracks, Technical-Foundations and Technical-Innovation, cover topics including artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, databases, FedRAMP, security, migration, hybrid cloud, serverless, DevOps, CI/CD, and cost optimization.
Builders’ Zone, Startup Loft, and AWS DeepRacer
The Summit also features two zones dedicated to developer topics: the Builders’ Zone and Startup Loft. Both of these areas will have multiple activities, including hands-on labs, solution demos, technical talks, and developer community resources. Attendees can also participate in a virtual AWS DeepRacer competition and visit the Startup Loft to learn how startups are innovating on AWS and AWS programs created to help startups grow.
- Hands-on labs: Get hands-on with AWS technical experts while learning about AWS services including Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS), AWS Lambda, Amazon SageMaker, and more.
- Builders Fair: Explore some of the AWS Builders Fair projects featured at re:Invent 2019. Builders Fair projects display how AWS solutions can be used to solve real-world problems, like creating multi-language chatbots for support teams and using AWS DeepLens to automate recycling.
- Solution demos: Presented by AWS technical experts, solution demos cover some of the most exciting AWS services—including AWS DeepLens, Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Lex, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS IoT—and how these services are enabling innovation.
- Community Zone: Meet the developers behind local AWS User Groups, learn how to get involved, or learn to start your own. Stop by the Community Zone to talk with AWS MeetUp leaders, Community Heroes, and developers building on AWS.
- Explore startup programs: Learn how AWS supports startups through AWS Activate, a program designed to provide startups with the resources they need to build applications on AWS. Also learn about AWS EdStart, the AWS EdTech startup accelerator.
- Startup talks: Explore how startups are using AWS solutions to gain traction, innovate, build, and scale their products. Startup talks are led by the engineers and founders who are using AWS every day.
AWS DeepRacer is returning to this year’s AWS Public Sector Summit Online, offering a virtual racing experience. Developers can complete the DeepRacer workshop, then test their models in a virtual simulation, and compete against other participants as part of the official DeepRacer League. Participants compete for the chance to win a trip to re:Invent 2020 to compete in the championship.
The AWS Public Sector Summit Online is a complimentary event for government, education, and nonprofit employees. Register for the AWS Public Sector Summit Online.