Top tips for building the workforce of tomorrow
To keep up with rapid technological advancement and the new world of work, current and future generations of leaders should be equipped with the right skills and mindset. Innovating in classrooms and beyond and creating citizen-centric services means taking advantage of the latest technology. It also means empowering the people who build and use it.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) created these resources that demonstrate paths to achieving a more diverse and prepared workforce – and how tech can help. From reskilling your team to inspiring the next generation, discover how the public sector innovates in an ever-changing digital world to help you find your next steps.
Check out our latest Workforce Development hub and see below for top workforce development tips and best practices from tech leaders around the globe.
- Reskilling your team: Aneeta Bains, the Chief Digital Officer and Assistant Deputy Minister for Canada’s Office of Innovation, Science, and Economic Development, dives into her best practices for leveraging the cloud in the public sector. Watch the video to discover your cloud potential and learn how to establish a culture of innovation in your organization.
- Attracting the brightest minds: Learn how Los Angeles County is bridging the skills gap by promoting cloud opportunities in nearby community colleges and high schools. By working with AWS Educate, LA County has emphasized the need to educate their current workforces. Read the Los Angeles County case study.
- Building a diverse workforce: From overcoming these issues to building diverse and inclusive workforces, uncover new ways to create an adaptable organization and hear panelists discuss how the current global skills gap impacts governments, educational institutions, and nonprofits.
- Creating a better world: Learn from scientists at North Carolina State University’s North Carolina Institute for Climate Studies (NCIS) who used AWS to aid their climate research. Dive into the lessons learned and how they leveraged the cloud to innovate rapidly. Read the NC State case study.
- Inspiring the next generation: Dedicated to inspiring the next generation of technology leaders, AWS, Abdulla AI Ghurair Foundation for Education, and the World Bank hosted the Skills for the Future Initiative. Discover how the program provided students and educators with the necessary tools to accelerate cloud-related learning. Read the Skills for the Future Initiative story.
The workforce is changing – are you? Visit the Workforce Development hub to learn more.