A Guide to Amazon GameLift & Game Servers
As game developers, your players expect a great in-game experience, with low latency and uninterrupted play. As the number of concurrent players grows, so does the complexity of the infrastructure needed to support them. Game server hosting is a critical piece to your overall game backend architecture for session-based multiplayer games. It’s critical to your success to have the right amount of game servers available regardless of the fluctuating number of players throughout the day and week. Also, to deliver uninterrupted player experiences from anywhere in the world, you must group players that are physically close to one another into game sessions hosted in a location close to them.
With game server and networking offerings, AWS Game Tech gives you secure, resizable capacity to run and operate your game with minimal latency at the lowest cost. This blog covers a few highlights from our new eBook, A Guide to Amazon GameLift and Game Servers, that covers a variety of AWS options for hosting your game servers and aims to help you choose the right tool for your needs.
The eBook walks through backend architectures, implementation steps, and firsthand use cases so you can learn how to:
- Deploy, operate, and scale dedicated, low-cost servers in the cloud for multiplayer games with Amazon GameLift. Built on AWS global computing infrastructure, GameLift helps deliver high-performance, high-reliability, low-cost game servers while dynamically scaling your resource usage to meet worldwide player demand.
- Run containerized game server builds, or reuse your existing server management layer using GameLift FleetIQ and deliver up to a 70% discount compared to On-Demand prices.
- Use a customizable matchmaking feature for multiplayer games with GameLift FlexMatch to customize key aspects of the matchmaking process to fit your game.
- Simplify traffic routing, improve availability, and enhance traffic performance for your game by as much as 60% with AWS Global Accelerator.
- Build any custom game server hosting solution to match your needs using a number of AWS services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), AWS Fargate, and AWS Lambda.
Trusted by some of the most successful game companies in the world like Ubisoft, Panzerdog, and N3TWORK, learn firsthand how to manage your game servers with AWS Game Tech. Whether you’re looking for a fully managed solution with Amazon GameLift, an individual GameLift feature like FleetIQ or FlexMatch, or if you need to build things from ground up with virtual machines, we have you covered.
Download the eBook to learn how to start building faster, running smarter operations, and growing your game.