Ready, set, re:Invent! How to prepare for AWS re:Invent 2022
re:Invent is back in Las Vegas and whether you’re joining us in person or virtually, we are so excited to see you.
This year’s event will be full of sessions to help you innovate and accelerate your digital transformation. Learn all about the latest AWS technologies, best practices from our retail and CPG experts and partners, as well as customer success stories to inspire you and your organization.
Whether this will be your first trip to AWS re:Invent or your eleventh, we’ve compiled some can’t miss events and information to help you plan ahead and get excited for everything re:Invent 2022 has to offer.
Interested in how your peers successfully adopted technology solutions to drive business outcomes? Join us for breakout sessions, which are 60-minute lecture style presentations for business and technical audiences. Here are a few sessions you won’t want to miss:
- CPG203: Kellogg’s modernization journey – Learn how Kellogg’s built a digital culture with people, processes, and technology working together to drive progressive success.
- RET301: Modernizing the Tapestry Data Exchange – Learn how Tapestry built a fully automated CI/CD pipeline with built-in security and governance controls and how the company dismantled data silos and modernized the Tapestry Data Exchange system using the cloud and fully managed solutions on AWS.
- MFG203: Heineken brews a connected manufacturing business – Learn how employees connect with brewery equipment and other data sources to operate more efficiently via a Heineken platform built on AWS.
- BIZ102: Learn how women leaders are transforming customer experience – A panel of experts, including Saks Fifth Avenue, will address the opportunities and challenges in customer experience.
- BWP002: Introduction to Buy with Prime – Buy with Prime is a new way for Prime members to shop directly from merchants’ online stores with the trusted experience they expect from Amazon. This session will show you the Buy with Prime benefits and end-to-end experience as a shopper.
- BWP302: How Alloy synced Amazon data in real time – Dive deep into how Amazon and Alloy worked together to create a data backfilling and synchronization system using Amazon EventBridge, AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and the Alloy Automation platform.
Chalk Talks are 60-minute, highly interactive whiteboarding sessions with AWS experts and customer speakers. These sessions are focused on fostering a technical discussion around real-world architecture challenges. Below are CPG-specific Chalk Talks that will provide an opportunity for attendees to learn how AWS technologies can personalize and scale brand experiences:
- CPG201: Launching personalized delivery with AWS – Learn how Schwan’s home delivery – now YELLOH! – is utilizing Amazon Pinpoint, Amazon Personalize, and Amazon Connect to deliver technology-supported, personalized experiences for its customers.
- CPG202: Nestlé Purina’s modernization of Petfinder – Learn how Petfinder uses Amazon Rekognition and Amazon Personalize to help pet lovers search for and find the perfect pet.
Get more session recommendations in the retail and CPG attendee guide.
Join us at the AWS Consumer Lounge
The AWS Consumer Lounge, open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, is an excellent place to break away from the hustle and bustle of re:Invent. Here, you can relax, grab a drink and snack, connect with fellow industry colleagues, informally network or hold an impromptu meeting, and of course, meet AWS experts if you have any questions or simply want to talk more about specific topics.
Meet and network with retail and CPG peers at the Industry Exchange Session
Join us Tuesday, November 29 from 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM PST at Smith and Wollensky (located inside the Venetian Hotel, Grand Canal Shoppes) for an opportunity to meet and network with fellow retail and CPG executives in a casual, fun environment. No RSVP required.
How to make the most of your time at re:Invent
- Customize your visit by using the mobile app. The AWS Events mobile app is your companion in planning and navigating your re:Invent experience. With the app, you can explore sessions, add events to your planner, get updates and notifications about sessions and activities, and view a map of the re:Invent campus.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be busy walking from session to session, so make sure you wear shoes that will get you from point A to point B comfortably!
- Calculate travel time when moving from one activity to the other. Spread across six venues, the re:Invent campus is quite large, so be sure to factor in travel time either walking from place to place or catching shuttles.
- Don’t miss any sessions – plan your schedule in advance. Only a handful of session seats are saved for walk-ups, so plan accordingly if you have sessions that you know you want to see. You can view all sessions including leadership and breakout in the Session Catalog and Attendee Guide, so be sure to use these resources when planning your schedule for the week. To reserve seats for the sessions that you want to view the most, log into your AWS re:Invent account, and add sessions to your schedule or download them to your calendar. Note: session seats are first come, first served, so arrive early.
- New to the cloud or AWS? Start with introductory sessions. If you’re new to the cloud or AWS, don’t feel pressured to attend advanced sessions if you’re not ready. Consider starting with a mix of introductory sessions (200-level) and Chalk Talks to give you a foundation to build on.
- Visit the Expo for more learning opportunities. The Expo at The Venetian is packed with learning opportunities. Stop by the AWS Village and dive deep into products, services, and solutions with AWS experts onsite to answer your questions. Then check out the AWS Marketplace booth for third-party applications that can streamline your path to success, as well as the AWS Partner Network Booth (APN) to learn about inspiring partner stories.
- Party with us at re:Play. If you still have gas in the tank after a long week of learning, it’s party time! Our annual re:Play party will have two stages, one with DJs and one with live bands, performing all night. If you need a break from the tunes, relax in our central courtyard or go the reverse route and break a sweat playing dodgeball, archery tag, or Button Mash 4.0.
- Most importantly, have FUN! Whether you’re connecting with old friends or making new ones, re:Invent is a unique opportunity to have everyone in one space, so take advantage of it. We encourage you to make the most out of your time in Las Vegas together!
From keynotes to leadership sessions and breakout content, re:Invent is the fastest way to learn about AWS and sharpen your skills. Our vibrant, inspiring cloud community can’t wait to meet you just a few short weeks. See you in Las Vegas!