AWS Media & Entertainment at NAB 2018
NAB is the ultimate event for the media, entertainment, and technology industry with over 100,000 attendees from around the world coming to the Las Vegas Convention Center from April 9-12.
And once again AWS will be present to showcase our latest releases to help media technologists work faster, smarter, and more efficiently.
- Machine learning and analytics: AWS brings machine learning to every media developer and data scientist through fully integrated services and platforms. Amazon Rekognition, Transcribe, and Comprehend unlock the value of content libraries through automated metadata extraction while Translate and Polly can accelerate foreign language subtitling and dubbing. Amazon SageMaker allows any developer to quickly build, train, and deploy machine learning models at scale, while Amazon Kinesis Video Streams makes it easy to securely stream video from connected devices to AWS for analytics, machine learning, and other processing.
- Video workloads: The launch of the AWS Media Services enable elastic, scalable, pay-as-you go media workloads in the cloud. Create professional quality media experiences for your viewers without the time, effort and expense which used to require specialized video equipment in a traditional data center.
- Content creation: For content creators, we launched Deadline 10, a hassle-free toolkit offering a world of flexibility and management options for render farms and compute clusters of all sizes. In the realm of emerging experiences, AWS launched Sumerian, which lets you create and run virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and 3D applications quickly and easily without requiring any specialized programming or 3D graphics expertise.
Subject matter experts will be available discuss how to implement media workflows on AWS.
- M&E and video workflows
- Machine Learning
- VFX and other content production
- Edge services, including CloudFront
- Storage experts (for your DAM and media storage needs)
- Step functions and Lambda
- ProServe media consultants
At the Exhibition Hall
Below are just a few highlights from our booth including technology demonstrations and sample workflows, including the five new AWS Media Services showcased throughout for ingestion, storage, streaming, and monetization.
- Automated metadata extraction from video
- How to quickly create a content recommendation engine
- Automated sports highlight clipping, including automated subtitling and translation
- Content-aware ad insertion
Video Distribution, digital asset management, and supply chain
- Faster-than-broadcast workflow from camera to display, including CDN distribution
- Updated encoding engine saving greater than 20% in total bitrate
- A toolkit for standing up a VOD service in minutes
- Seamlessly uploading large (petabyte scale) volumes of video content to the cloud with Snowball and MediaStore
- Latest CMAF/fMP4 innovations covering content creation and distribution
- Cost effective, scalable rendering with Thinkbox
Plus partner pods demonstrating how our rich ecosystem of partners plug into machine learning, digital asset management, streaming, and other workflows.
Other key events
- April 10, 7:30am: 4K 4Charity Fun Run at Sunset Park
- April 10, 9-9:30am: Worldwide Tech Lead for M&E Usman Shakeel will present The Evolution of Content Production Aided by Machine Learning as part of a half day on AI and Content Creation taking place in the North Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center
- April 11, 9-10am: Worldwide Business Development Lead for M&E Ben Masek will be a guest panelist on NABLive, the official broadcast of NAB, to discuss cloud and media workflows
- April 11, 11am: **Keynote** AWS will present a special keynote as part of NAB’s MET Effect 2.0. The session, titled Race on the Red Planet: Exploring our creative future with Curiosity and Opportunity, will give NAB attendees and viewers online a front-row seat for demonstrations and discussions of the latest cloud-based media workflows and advanced machine learning technologies that will deliver next-level, immersive viewing experiences