AWS Machine Learning Blog
Two New Courses are Now Available for Machine Learning and Deep Learning on AWS
AWS Training and Certification helps you advance your knowledge with practical skills so you can get more out of the AWS Cloud. We now have two new courses to help you learn about how to leverage artificial intelligence (AI) solutions using AWS: Introduction to Machine Learning web-based training and Deep Learning on AWS instructor-led training. If you are looking to learn more about how you can put AI capabilities to use, we recommend that you start with the web-based training. Developers looking to learn more should then attend the one-day instructor-led training.
Here’s a bit more about each of these new training courses:
Introduction to Machine Learning is a free 40 minute web-based training intended for developers, solutions architects, and IT decision makers who already know the foundations of working with AWS. This online course gives an overview of machine learning (ML), walks through an example use case, teaches relevant terminology, and walks through the process for incorporating ML solutions into a business or product. Specifically, this course teaches you how to do the following:
- Approach ML as a business problem and work toward a technical solution.
- Frame your business problem as a ML problem.
- Use ML terminology and describe techniques in real-world business use cases.
- Understand the end-to-end process of building ML models correctly, from posing the question/problem, collecting data, and building a model to evaluating model performance and integrating it into your application.
The course also includes knowledge checks to help validate understanding.
Deep Learning on AWS is a one-day instructor-led training for developers who are interested in learning more about AWS solutions for deep learning. This course teaches developers about the deep learning model and gives them a roadmap for understanding what challenges deep learning can solve. Solutions related to image recognition, speech recognition, and speech translation are covered. The training includes how to run your models on the cloud using an Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)-based Deep Learning Amazon Machine Image (AMI) and the MXNet framework.
The topics covered in this course include the following:
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Introduction to Deep Learning
- Lab 1: Setting up a Deep Learning AMI instance and running a multi-layer perceptron model
- Introduction to MXNet on AWS
- Lab 2: Running a convolutional neural network model and predicting images on a CIFAR-10 dataset
- Deploying Deep Learning Workloads on AWS
- Lab 3: Deploying a Deep Learning model for predicting images using AWS Lambda
We recommend that you take Introduction to Machine Learning before attending Deep Learning on AWS, but it is not required. If you want to learn more about how to leverage data for Deep Learning, consider taking Big Data Technology Fundamentals and Building a Serverless Data Lake.
You can sign in to the AWS Training and Certification Portal to browse all of our training offerings and get started.