Now available: New AWS program supporting nonprofit donor and member engagement
According to a recent report from the Association of Fundraising Professionals and GivingTuesday, the number of nonprofit donors in the first half of 2022 decreased by 7% compared to last year. Moreover, the percentage of donors who gave in 2021 and then gave again in 2022 decreased by 6.2% year-over-year.
As one-time donations increasingly become the norm, nonprofit development teams are challenged to think outside-the-box to attract, retain, and communicate with their valuable supporters. Organizations can use data to inform an enhanced engagement strategy, but many are challenged to unlock the full value of that data affordably and at scale.
To help nonprofits use the cloud to build innovative fundraising and member engagement solutions, we are launching a new program – AWS TechAction.
What is AWS TechAction?
The program is custom designed to help nonprofits use the cloud to connect and communicate with their donors and members in a personalized, dynamic way. TechAction provides the following unique support resources:
- Trainings, templates, and partners to help organizations get started and grow: To help organizations leverage AWS to meet fundraising and member-related goals, including creating personalized communication strategies, we’re offering customized, no-cost trainings, whitepapers, AWS CloudFormation templates, and connections to vetted AWS Partners. Nonprofits can also access pre-built architecture diagrams, like that for “Guidance for Donor Personalized Engagement on AWS,” as well as detailed instructions.
- Access to a global community of nonprofit technologists: To foster collaboration and inspiration amongst nonprofits and credit unions, organizations can join the recently launched nonprofit community on re:Post. Within this online discussion forum, organizations can ask cloud-related questions and connect with other leaders who are working on similar projects. For example, nonprofits can ask other organizations how, specifically, they are using AWS to engage with donors and members, and they can learn best practices from their peers about the tools available to support their fundraising goals.
- AWS Promotional Credit (For qualified organizations): Qualified organizations can receive up to $5,000 USD in AWS computing credit to advance their projects. Visit the AWS TechAction frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more information on criteria.
Unleash the power of AWS for nonprofits
The program offers pre-built solutions using artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions, file sharing systems, and more. Organizations can use these solutions to get started with projects that help to:
- Simplify data analytics: Nonprofit organizations need to be able to answer questions about their donors and members. Who are they? What motivates them? Which campaigns have encouraged them to donate in the past? For many organizations, the answers to these questions lie in separate SaaS solutions, databases, and file sharing systems. One solution in the AWS TechAction program simplifies the process of moving data out of silos and onto AWS. Build a single system of record for donor/member data from disparate sources and build dashboards for trends leveraging AWS data lake and AI and ML services. Learn how to build the “Guidance for Donors/Members Data Analytics on AWS” solution.
- Send personalized donor engagements: One-size-fits-all messaging is less effective than messaging that is tailored to each recipient’s needs and interests. Nonprofits can use ML-powered solutions to make sure the right message is sent to the right recipient on their preferred device and at the most ideal time. This solution takes the guesswork out of development and increases the impact of communications with donors. Learn how to build the “Guidance for Donor Personalized Engagement on AWS” solution.
- Leverage predictive insights for member retention: For nonprofit associations and membership organizations, it’s vital to retain members for the long-term. By using AWS database, storage, and ML services, organizations can predict which of their members are likely to let their memberships lapse, and better understand the influencing factors. With this information, organizations can adjust their strategies to increase member retention and engagement. Learn how to build the “Guidance for Predictive Scores for Member Retention on AWS” solution.
- Create a contact center: For nonprofits and credit unions, frequently engaging with members and donors is essential. Organizations can build an omnichannel contact center that uses AWS ML and contact center services. By implementing this solution, organizations can improve the quality of their customer engagements. Learn how to build the “Guidance for Donors/Members Contact Center on AWS” solution.
How to apply for TechAction computing credit
The application for the TechAction credit is short and simple to complete. Nonprofits and credit unions are invited to visit the TechAction application page to provide organizational details as well as a brief description of their intended use of AWS for fundraising or member engagement.
Get started today with TechAction
No matter an organization’s age, size, or mission, fundraising and member engagement is often the lifeline of any nonprofit or credit union. The relationships organizations have with their donors and members can determine the effectiveness of their work and their ability to impact and accelerate their mission. With assistance provided by TechAction, nonprofits and credit unions can amplify their engagement efforts and deliver mission impact more efficiently and effectively.
Read more about AWS for nonprofits:
- Announcing the 2022-2023 AWS IMAGINE Grant winners
- How nonprofits reimagine work using smart technology
- Data Lake for Nonprofits – powered by AWS and Salesforce.org now available to help unleash data insights
- Building resilience: Using technology to prepare for, respond to, and recover from the unexpected
- Unifying data to boost nonprofit fundraising outcomes
Subscribe to the AWS Public Sector Blog newsletter to get the latest in AWS tools, solutions, and innovations from the public sector delivered to your inbox, or contact us.
Please take a few minutes to share insights regarding your experience with the AWS Public Sector Blog in this survey, and we’ll use feedback from the survey to create more content aligned with the preferences of our readers.