Join AWS Compliance Week to learn how to navigate security and compliance in the public sector
Next week is the first Amazon Web Services (AWS) Compliance Week. Themed “Achieving Cloud Compliance and Security in the AWS Cloud,” AWS solutions architects will discuss in five webinars how customers can meet cloud security and compliance challenges using AWS GovCloud (US).
AWS GovCloud (US) isn’t just for government agencies – U.S. commercial companies in aerospace, defense manufacturing, law enforcement, healthcare, financial services, and energy with regulated workloads, sensitive data, and export-controlled data rely on AWS GovCloud (US) to modernize IT. IT professionals with limited compliance experience are invited to learn about AWS security frameworks, AWS compliance tools and security packages, and AWS security controls that can be automatically inherited in AWS GovCloud (US) Regions.
AWS GovCloud (US) Regions are designed to address the specific regulatory needs of United States federal, state, and local agencies, education institutions, and the supporting community, by hosting sensitive data and regulated workloads and addressing the most stringent U.S. government security and compliance requirements. Webinar topics will discuss how AWS can help you:
- Achieve compliance and handle sensitive data in AWS GovCloud (US)
- Accelerate FedRAMP Authorizations (ATOs) in AWS GovCloud (US)
- Support mission-critical defense workloads in AWS GovCloud (US)
- Safeguard export-controlled data and unclassified data with AWS GovCloud (US)
- Protect Criminal Justice Information (CJI) with AWS GovCloud (US)
AWS is committed to helping you navigate the security and compliance challenges of the public sector. Resources are available to public sector customers and AWS Partner Network (APN) program members to help:
- Streamline and accelerate compliance authorizations using Authority to Operate (ATO) on AWS
- Automatically build, configure, and scale NIST-compliant cloud environments with NIST on AWS and AWS Quick Starts
- Find, buy, and deploy compliant SaaS and API products in AWS Marketplace for GovCloud (US)
- Use the AWS Cloud to more effectively reach your constituents and better achieve your mission leveraging AWS Professional Services
AWS GovCloud (US) is governed by a shared responsibility model. In the shared responsibility model, AWS is responsible for the security of the cloud (meaning the infrastructure that runs all of the services offered in the AWS Cloud), while the customer is responsible for the security in the cloud (determined by the services selected).
The following AWS services are now authorized for use with FedRAMP contractual requirements (with certain regions): Amazon API Gateway, Amazon CloudFront, AWS Config, AWS Direct Connect, GunPowder/Nitro (feature of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), Amazon Inspector, AWS Lambda, Amazon Polly, AWS Service Catalog, Amazon WorkDocs, and Amazon WorkSpaces. Check out the services in scope page for the latest services and features considered in scope with more than a dozen assurance programs.
Check out some case studies from public sector customers that have used AWS GovCloud (US) to continue innovation in the cloud with sensitive data, including U.S. Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), U.S. Air Force aircraft maintenance, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Talen Energy, and Smartsheet.